+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confused about implied status

bian07

May 19, 2017
I applied for a visitor record in february, and received a decision on it around the end of June, it got approved until september 1st.

I applied for sponsorship and owp in may while waiting for the visitor record to be approved, so while on implied status from that.

Do I have implied status now on the owp?
Also since I have to apply for another visitor record, if processing for the pr picks up and I'm still waiting for the new visitor record, will that cause me trouble for getting the owp before AIP since I'll be on implied status?

bian07

May 19, 2017
The OWP gives you implied status so you don't need to worry about your visitor record.
I still want to, in case the application gets sent back. I dont want to have to worry about restoring my status and not being eligible for the work permit, making the process even longer. I've been not working for almost 5 months now, and it will likely be another long wait until I hear anything back, so I'd rather have the security of the visitor record.

jjispig

May 29, 2017
I still want to, in case the application gets sent back. I dont want to have to worry about restoring my status and not being eligible for the work permit, making the process even longer. I've been not working for almost 5 months now, and it will likely be another long wait until I hear anything back, so I'd rather have the security of the visitor record.
Yes, i did the same.

Don't want to risk it so I helped my wife to apply for visitor record to extend her stay while waiting for spousal sponsorship result.

Better play it safe, it only takes a few more forms and docs plus couple hundred of dollars. worth it