+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confused about Email From VFS

Harunbb

Feb 8, 2016
Hello,
I applied for study permit on 3rd July and haven't been asked to submit my original passport yet.(I also submitted my upfront medical with the application). Yesterday I got this email where it is said that 'my decision' will be ready to collect from VFS shortly. Does it mean my visa is cancelled or I need to submit my passport? or it could go either way? Here is the email-
"Dear Applicant, Visa application, tracking ID No.********************* Your Decision received in Canada Visa Application center, ***** on 17/08/2016 from Canadian High commission, Singapore and It has been forwarded to the Canada Visa Application Center, ******** where your visa application was submitted. You will get another SMS & Email when your Decision will be ready for collection from Canada Visa Application center."

Thank You in advance

Harunbb

Feb 8, 2016
canadalhr said:
You applied by paper then why didn't you submit your passport?
When applying on paper, it is not necessary to submit original passport with application, notarized copy is enough and I submitted that.

enywmara

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Dhaka
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
25-05-2022
AOR Received.
07-07-2022
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-12-2021
Interview........
Not needed
Harunbb said:
Hello,
I applied for study permit on 3rd July and haven't been asked to submit my original passport yet.(I also submitted my upfront medical with the application). Yesterday I got this email where it is said that 'my decision' will be ready to collect from VFS shortly. Does it mean my visa is cancelled or I need to submit my passport? or it could go either way? Here is the email-
"Dear Applicant, Visa application, tracking ID No.********************* Your Decision received in Canada Visa Application center, ***** on 17/08/2016 from Canadian High commission, Singapore and It has been forwarded to the Canada Visa Application Center, ******** where your visa application was submitted. You will get another SMS & Email when your Decision will be ready for collection from Canada Visa Application center."

Thank You in advance
Hi Harunbb,

I am afraid that your letter looks like a rejection letter to me. If you have not submitted your passport, then if your visa is approved, CIC would have requested you to submit the passport. Since it is just a letter, it should mean that they are just going to let you know of their decision.

However, It could be otherwise, please do keep us updated on this thread of the outcome.

I pray that it is good news, don't lose hope yet.

Harunbb

Feb 8, 2016
enywmara said:
Hi Harunbb,

I am afraid that your letter looks like a rejection letter to me. If you have not submitted your passport, then if your visa is approved, CIC would have requested you to submit the passport. Since it is just a letter, it should mean that they are just going to let you know of their decision.

However, It could be otherwise, please do keep us updated on this thread of the outcome.

I pray that it is good news, don't lose hope yet.
Thanks a lot for your kind response brother. Actually I have not received any mail from CIC yet, I got that mail from VFS. I'll let u knw what happens next

Melody23

Star Member
Jul 12, 2016
I am sorry to hear this Harunbb but do not lose hope and you can always reapply. Could you let us know the reasons of the refusal if it's not too much of a trouble for you? I wish you all the best for your future endeavors. Good luck!