+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confused about application Question

rebel1234

Mar 12, 2018
I am filing my Canada Tourist Visa application and I am confused about this question:

"Are you accompanying a family member that has status in Canada, or has recently been approved to come to Canada?"

I will be visiting Canada with my parents. However, I am applying for the Visa from USA and they will be applying from India at the same time.

Do I answer Yes/No?

They will be accompanying me but haven't been approved yet.

Also, I will have to add them to Family Information form and select Yes for "Will accompany you to Canada"

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I will be visiting Canada with my parents. However, I am applying for the Visa from USA and they will be applying from India at the same time.

Do I answer Yes/No?
You would answer 'No'. Your parents have not been approved to come to Canada yet + they do not have status.

Also, I will have to add them to Family Information form and select Yes for "Will accompany you to Canada"
You will be applying for two separate visa applications (your parents can apply from one account). Again, the answer is 'No'.

That said, although you can indicate in the cover letter that there will be shared expenses, your parents applications will be assessed separately for their merits/their finances, etc

Reactions: rebel1234

rebel1234

Mar 12, 2018
You would answer 'No'. Your parents have not been approved to come to Canada yet + they do not have status.
Awesome Thanks!

You will be applying for two separate visa applications (your parents can apply from one account). Again, the answer is 'No'.
Even though we will be visiting at the same time, the answer will still be "No" ?

That said, although you can indicate in the cover letter that there will be shared expenses, your parents applications will be assessed separately for their merits/their finances, etc
Yes they will be submitting their own finances. Anything specific I should mention in the Cover letter so there is no confusion?

rebel1234

Mar 12, 2018
For which aspect of the application?
Considering we will have two separate applications. Just wanted to make sure there is no confusion in terms of expenses and stuff.

Also, Wanted to confirm answer to Q2. Do I still say ""No" in the Family Information form even though we will be visiting at the same time?