+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Conflicting messages about PR Card

SpousAsous

Nov 6, 2019
Hello everybody! I am so happy to have received my PR, however, I am a bit confused on whether or not I'm supposed to apply for a PR card or if one is being mailed. It says in the letter that we are supposed to get a PR card ourselves, however this link says that we don't have to and it will be mailed automatically https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=054&top=10.

If we are supposed to take more pictures and apply for the PR card ourselves, what were the original pictures for that we had to send with our application?

Is it possible that they are doing this because they didn't do an interview with us?

Ottawagal

Aug 18, 2019
My suggestion would be follow the instructions in the letter you received.

Did you complete a virtual landing?

SpousAsous

Nov 6, 2019
Finally found this page that explains it more for anybody else who is wondering. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#approved

If you got your CoPR, but haven’t landed

If we sent you a CoPR, but you haven’t been able to go to one of our offices in Canada to validate it, we’ll contact you to tell you what to do. Use the web form if you need to update your contact information.

You should not travel to a port of entry to validate your CoPR. This is not considered essential travel and you won’t be able to validate it this way.

Due to COVID-19, we have a new process to confirm permanent resident status. We don’t need a CoPR for this new process if you are in Canada.

Permanent resident cards
Once you become a permanent resident, we’ll send you a document to confirm your new status in Canada. We’ll also ask you to provide a photo so we can start the process of issuing your first permanent resident (PR) card. You don’t need to apply for your first PR card.

While you wait for your PR card, you can use this document to prove that you’re a PR in Canada and to apply for government benefits and services that you’re eligible for such as, to apply for your social insurance number so you can work.
It may take longer than usual for us to issue your PR card.

Reactions: Ottawagal