+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confirmed Flight ticket required for TRV?

mafin

Nov 11, 2019
Is confirmed flight ticket/purchased flight ticket required for TRV?
I think IRCC website mandatory mention it """Your flight ticket departing Canada,""" they didn't say flight reservation or booking
mandatory mention it"Your flight ticket departing Canada," they didn't say """ flight reservation or booking """

The requirement on the IRCC website is as follows. It says your flight ticket departing Canada.

Document: Purpose of Travel - Other

You must submit proof that you are coming to Canada for a temporary visit.

Examples of what you can provide as proof:

A scanned copy of:
  • Your flight ticket departing Canada,
  • Your travel itinerary (e.g. places you will visit or stay, such as hotel booking),
  • Proof of a medical appointment.
I didn't ask because I think it will help
Rather I asked because I thought it's a mandatory requirement from them

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
No it's not mandatory. You can give an itinerary or a plan.

Do not buy non refundable tickets until you have the visa.

Nadieee

Aug 26, 2023
No it's not mandatory. You can give an itinerary or a plan.

Do not buy non refundable tickets until you have the visa.
Hi, I bought a travel itinerary online. The itinerary had a PNR which was verifiable for 2 weeks. I got the verifiable itinerary pdf from Qatar Airways website and attached it to a document that I wrote to explain my purpose of travel. Now my question is will the travel itinerary be an issue since after 2 weeks it is not verifiable? Do the visa officers verify the PNRs? or do they verify E-tickets?

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hi, I bought a travel itinerary online. The itinerary had a PNR which was verifiable for 2 weeks. I got the verifiable itinerary pdf from Qatar Airways website and attached it to a document that I wrote to explain my purpose of travel. Now my question is will the travel itinerary be an issue since after 2 weeks it is not verifiable? Do the visa officers verify the PNRs? or do they verify E-tickets?
Eligibility > Travel Itinerary
So this should be fine

Nadieee

Aug 26, 2023
Eligibility > Travel Itinerary
So this should be fine
It should be fine, even if the travel itinerary is not verifiable online on the airline's website? The website says "The trip cannot be found. It may have been canceled."

I added a travel/flight itinerary just to give the visa officer an idea that the in and outbound flights will be planned. But now I am concerned since the travel/flight itinerary is not verifiable it may not cause any issue like a permanent ban or something.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
It should be fine, even if the travel itinerary is not verifiable online on the airline's website? The website says "The trip cannot be found. It may have been canceled."

I added a travel/flight itinerary just to give the visa officer an idea that the in and outbound flights will be planned. But now I am concerned since the travel/flight itinerary is not verifiable it may not cause any issue like a permanent ban or something.
This is fine
This is not a mandatory requirement

As mentioned in my previous response, things like home ties, eligibility and finances are important in making the determination

The Tickets, tour bookings are all not so important