+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confirmation of PR through QC border

Rober84m

Jan 30, 2018
I applied my PR through Federal CEC program. I am currently living in Montreal, learning French and planning to move to Toronto once I get my PR status since rent and living expenses slightly cheaper here and i do not carry a work permit to support myself at the momnet; that's what i exactly told the officer on the phone also when he called me to verify some information. I gave my current address in Montreal too. I honestly told him my situation and he took notes on his computer as i could hear the key strokes from my phone. About a few weeks after the phone call I got the update asking me to send them my passport. Three weeks later they approved me and sent my passport to my current address in Montreal, recieved just today.

I am planning to take the bus down to NY soon and come back through the boarder in Quebec which is the fastest and cheapest way for me. Will I get refused if i do that since I applied through the Federal EE program?
WIll they send my PR to my address in QC? Has anybody done something similar to this before? On my confirmation of PR document city of destination says Halifax which i originaly applied from. I don't know why it is there since i told the officer i was planning to move to Toronto after I receive my PR and currently residing in Motreal. What should I tell the IO if he asks me about that?

rahul123b

Star Member
Aug 27, 2012
One of my friend had serious trouble in landing through QC. I would say better avoid it if possible. Or at least do it at CIC office instead of border.

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
I applied my PR through Federal CEC program. I am currently living in Montreal, learning French and planning to move to Toronto once I get my PR status since rent and living expenses slightly cheaper here and i do not carry a work permit to support myself at the momnet; that's what i exactly told the officer on the phone also when he called me to verify some information. I gave my current address in Montreal too. I honestly told him my situation and he took notes on his computer as i could hear the key strokes from my phone. About a few weeks after the phone call I got the update asking me to send them my passport. Three weeks later they approved me and sent my passport to my current address in Montreal, recieved just today.

I am planning to take the bus down to NY soon and come back through the boarder in Quebec which is the fastest and cheapest way for me. Will I get refused if i do that since I applied through the Federal EE program?
WIll they send my PR to my address in QC? Has anybody done something similar to this before? On my confirmation of PR document city of destination says Halifax which i originaly applied from. I don't know why it is there since i told the officer i was planning to move to Toronto after I receive my PR and currently residing in Motreal. What should I tell the IO if he asks me about that?
don't give any address
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/landing-in-quebec-without-csq.333026/
or change your address
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/change-address.html