+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confirmation of PR letter: question on accompanying dependants

UK11235

May 6, 2021
Hello - this may be a silly question, but I just wanted to check.

I'm a UK citizen, my wife is Canadian, we live in the UK and are moving with our two children to Canada soon.

I received a letter today saying my application for PR is almost complete and I need to submit documents for the Confirmation of PR to be issued. (I've pasted the details below).

It says take photos of yourself "and of each accompanying family member".

Presumably I don't need that for my wife and children, do I? My wife is a Canadian citizen, and the children are hers and will accompany her (we have applied for their citizenship certificates separately). I can't find any information on whether they count as "accompanying family member", but I assume not?

Thanks for any information to help!

------

STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS
You must submit together:
1. One copy of this letter.
2. Passport(s) OR photocopy(ies) of passport(s), as explained in Step 2.
3. Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member. Photos MUST meet the precise specifications found in the link below or in Appendix A at the end of this letter. If you submit photos that do not meet the exact specifications, your package will be returned to you. www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf
4. If not yet paid, Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) for you and your accompanying spouse (if applicable). We strongly encourage you to pay your fees online and provide a copy of the receipt. To pay your fees online, click here: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do.
5. The height and eye colour (for both eyes) for the Principal Applicant and all of his accompanying dependants

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
It says take photos of yourself "and of each accompanying family member".

Presumably I don't need that for my wife and children, do I? My wife is a Canadian citizen, and the children are hers and will accompany her (we have applied for their citizenship certificates separately). I can't find any information on whether they count as "accompanying family member", but I assume not?
Accompanying here applies only to those who are applying to become PRs, which it sounds like is just you, if the children are (presumed) Canadian citizens. The children will need passports to travel of course. If they do not have Canadian passports yet, CHECK - I believe they must travel on Canadian passports, not any other passport they may have, but not certain.