+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confirmation of Permanent Resident

Judilyn

Feb 6, 2019
Hello,
Please help me on how to get a new record of landing, confirmation of Permanent resident as i will renew or replace my PR card.

ARIONI Ca

Jan 26, 2019
Please tell me if the confirmation of permanent resident is valid Since 2008 when I came to Canada
because now they are looking for me I only have it from 2008

ARIONI Ca

Jan 26, 2019
For what purposes?

From 2008 to 2011 I lived in Canada, then I went to my country from 2011 to 2020 now I have to apply for a new permanent resident card again but they are asking me for confirmation of permanent resident but I only have it from 2008. And I want to know if it is still valid my conformation of resident card from 2008?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From 2008 to 2011 I lived in Canada, then I went to my country from 2011 to 2020 now I have to apply for a new permanent resident card again but they are asking me for confirmation of permanent resident but I only have it from 2008. And I want to know if it is still valid my conformation of resident card from 2008?
Are you sure there is a "conformation of resident card". There is PR card (permanent resident card) and the other is COPR (Confirmation of Permanent Resident). How old are you? Do you meet your Residency Obligation? If you are an adult currently in Canada but not meeting the Residency Obligation, you are better off to wait until your RO is met and renew the PR card.

ARIONI Ca

Jan 26, 2019
Are you sure there is a "conformation of resident card". There is PR card (permanent resident card) and the other is COPR (Confirmation of Permanent Resident). How old are you? Do you meet your Residency Obligation? If you are an adult currently in Canada but not meeting the Residency Obligation, you are better off to wait until your RO is met and renew the PR card.
I am father of 4 children, all of them are Canadian citizenships also my wife is Canadian citizenship. I almost have 700 days that I am living in Canada, I did the application of permanent resident card right after I came to Canada in 2020, to renew my permanent resident card I called in Etobicoko they always said that my card is ready but I just have to wait for a email or they would call me for an appointment to get the permanent resident card, now they sended me an email and they requested for my documents for e.g Record of Landing / Confirmation of permanent residence. I have the confirmation of permanent residence that I got it when I boarded in Canada in 2008. Is this confirmation of permanent residence still valid or I have to renew it?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am father of 4 children, all of them are Canadian citizenships also my wife is Canadian citizenship. I almost have 700 days that I am living in Canada, I did the application of permanent resident card right after I came to Canada in 2020, to renew my permanent resident card I called in Etobicoko they always said that my card is ready but I just have to wait for a email or they would call me for an appointment to get the permanent resident card, now they sended me an email and they requested for my documents for e.g Record of Landing / Confirmation of permanent residence. I have the confirmation of permanent residence that I got it when I boarded in Canada in 2008. Is this confirmation of permanent residence still valid or I have to renew it?
You cannot renew COPR. You can call again to confrim if they want your original 2008 COPR.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I have the confirmation of permanent residence that I got it when I boarded in Canada in 2008. Is this confirmation of permanent residence still valid or I have to renew it?
The original one that you got is 'valid' in the sense that it is a document that shows when you landed (the date of landing will be on it and also signatures from you and CBSA officer). (The other date that is on there is only the period in which it can be used to land).

So it always stays as an original record.

That said, I don't know specifically why they asked for it, you can certainly check (and shouldn't be a problem sending them a scanned copy).

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Assune the issue is that you applied to renew your PR card before your met your RO. Why did you move abroad in 2011? Was it do to your work? Your wife's job? Since you said that you were returning to yoyr home country it looks like your wife was likely accompanying you abroad which means that your days with a Canadian citizen should not count towards your RO. Whether IRCC enforces this is up to them but your application is not straight forward which is why you are being asked more questions and to provide more proof and why there has been such a delay. The delay will likely worpk on your favour if you weren't reported at the border.

Last edited: