+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confirmation of Permanent Residence

Home_I_will_be

Jan 4, 2018
We just received the approval, and I have a few questions???

We have to find a place to rent across the border in Niagara Falls Ontario, and get all of the loose ends tied up with my husbands job and our house we own in Niagara Falls NY.

We want to spend a few months getting all of that done.

1......Do we just continue to go back and forth across the border like we’ve been doing, and when we are ready to move, we cross with our things and the paperwork we received??

2.....The date for the medical says may 2019. The expiry date says April 2022. Does that mean we have up to may 2019 to move??

3.... Do we just drive up to the border with our uhaul truck, and go inside, and they ok everything, and we cross into Canada??

Any help with the next step..... thank you.

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
We just received the approval, and I have a few questions???

We have to find a place to rent across the border in Niagara Falls Ontario, and get all of the loose ends tied up with my husbands job and our house we own in Niagara Falls NY.

We want to spend a few months getting all of that done.

1......Do we just continue to go back and forth across the border like we’ve been doing, and when we are ready to move, we cross with our things and the paperwork we received??

2.....The date for the medical says may 2019. The expiry date says April 2022. Does that mean we have up to may 2019 to move??

3.... Do we just drive up to the border with our uhaul truck, and go inside, and they ok everything, and we cross into Canada??

Any help with the next step..... thank you.
Some reading with all you need to know here:

https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousal_Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ_-_New_Application_Forms#Landing

As regards the expiry date of the CoPR - do you actually have the CoPR? IF so, the expiry date is clearly shown in the APPLICATION DETAILS section on the second page where it says 'Valid to:' - you MUST cross the border into Canada and activate the CoPR before this date. I would be VERY surprised if the expiry date was really 2022 (NB: I don't claim expertise on US PA's, but I don't see why they would be treated differently)

Home_I_will_be

Jan 4, 2018
Some reading with all you need to know here:

https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousal_Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ_-_New_Application_Forms#Landing

As regards the expiry date of the CoPR - do you actually have the CoPR? IF so, the expiry date is clearly shown in the APPLICATION DETAILS section on the second page where it says 'Valid to:' - you MUST cross the border into Canada and activate the CoPR before this date. I would be VERY surprised if the expiry date was really 2022 (NB: I don't claim expertise on US PA's, but I don't see why they would be treated differently)
For some reason the link isn’t working. I will have to try on my computer after.
Is there another link?

The expiry day says May 2019. I was confused.... it shows travel documents expire 2022. I’m assuming his passport.

Thanks

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
For some reason the link isn’t working. I will have to try on my computer after.
Is there another link?

The expiry day says May 2019. I was confused.... it shows travel documents expire 2022. I’m assuming his passport.

Thanks
The link works fine for me, probably your browser settings. You could always re-type.

A CoPR is not a travel document (it actually is clearly stamped as such), so yes, the 2022 date would be your passport.