+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confirmation of Permanent Residence arrived with "Valid to" date already expired

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Dave01 said:
Hello guys,

I need urgent help please as I received from CIC this morning that my husband's application for PR is close to completion. I am a Canada PR and am sponsoring my husband from outside Canada but he lives here in Canada with me as a visitor. My question is would CIC abroad processing my husband application require him to come and get the CORP or can they just send it via mail since he's in Canada already and don't need an immigrant visa. Answers will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
At this point, they will probably post it to the address that they have on file for him, wherever that is...

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
avisbl81 said:
I received an email (on Feb 18) from CIC mentioning that my application is almost complete. I have been asked to send my passports for issuance of visa and COPR.

My medicals were done last year (March 23,2013). So I would like how much time might be given to me (validity of visa and COPR) to enter Canada, since I am less than a month away from medicals expiration date of 1 year.
If they haven't extended your medical, you would have to land by March 23rd, 2014. If they've extended it, then you'd have until March 23rd, 2015.

I'm assuming you are in Canada because your app is AINP. If your COPR is going to expire next month, you can either try to get a landing appointment at a CIC office on an urgent basis, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob537.asp, or make a quick run to the border.

AnandPatel said:
My name is Anand. I applied for my parents sponsorship visa and got the PR visa for my parents last year feb2013 with validity for landing 16 Jan 2014.
as duje to lack of knowledge and mistake, we missed the date to landing in canada.
pls anyone suggest what should should i do for getting PR visa extend. my parents in India.
Given that your parents had nearly a year in which to land and they didn't, it's quite possible that CIC will not extend the validity. If that's the case, you will have to start the sponsorship process all over again.

Xazar

Aug 2, 2016
Hi everyone!

We are in Canada waiting for CoPR. My wife is a main applicant and her medical exam expires March 2018, but my expires August 18th 2017. What will happen when they take our documents to stamp CoPR and see that my exam is expired? It is absolutely impossible to reach anybody by phone there to ask. Thanks!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi everyone!

We are in Canada waiting for CoPR. My wife is a main applicant and her medical exam expires March 2018, but my expires August 18th 2017. What will happen when they take our documents to stamp CoPR and see that my exam is expired? It is absolutely impossible to reach anybody by phone there to ask. Thanks!
IRCC will either extend your medical or request a new one.

AnandPatel

Feb 24, 2014
You will have to contact the Visa Office that supplied the COPR documents.
The only alternative is to start all over again from the beginning.

I would not get your hopes up...

Sorry i didn't reply that time but for above situation, i contacted Immigration dept and letter about situation. They were agree and while my Parents reach airport they got PR. Thanks for your help. Thank you again.