+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confirmation if Improving IELTS Scores shall indeed help

ASethi

Mar 3, 2019
Hi there,

I am my wife just started researching about PR process and we took our IELTS test recently (Actual scores below)
Me (34 Yrs):
Writing: 7.0
Reading: 9.0
Speaking: 8.5
Listening 7.5

Wife (30 yrs)
Writing: 8.0
Reading: 6.5
Speaking: 7.5
Listening 8.5

When we try and calculate our CRS score on CIC site using wife as primary applicant (younger = 20 more points), we reach only 432 points, but if i hypothetically change her reading score to 7 our overall score jumps to 490. Is this correct and does this mean she should re-take test immediately to push our score over cutoff limits?

If i see our scores with me as primary applicant, i reach only 419. On the other hand, if i hypothetically change my writing score to 7.5 or 8, it does not affect overall score much at all (reaches 424).

I am a bit confused as to why changing my wife's score makes such a big impact on overall scores vs mine.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Dependent's ielts does not have as much impact as primary applicant and 6.5 to 7 is a much bigger jump in score than 7 to 7.5

ASethi

Mar 3, 2019
Dependent's ielts does not have as much impact as primary applicant and 6.5 to 7 is a much bigger jump in score than 7 to 7.5
Thank you so much. Can i ask a related question if you don't mind?

For masters/bachelors evaluation for ECA, is it sufficient to get only one (masters) evaluated and transcript sent to WES (vs both)..master in US. It is much easier to get this done, vs also asking my Indian BTech college to send transcript to WES. This shall delay the entire process apparently since colleges shall take time to send, then WES receives, then it takes it own sweet time etc etc.