+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Conference visa

Kokarof

Feb 5, 2019
Hey
Im Jordanian dentist doing my internship year in the ministry of health
Im planning to attend conference in montereal next june so i applied for visitor visa
1-I have invitation letter from the conference
2-And prove from the ministry of health that im doing my training ( i have to complete 1 year of training so i can get licensed in my country)
3-my fathers bank statement not mind cause im still not working
4- i have car
5 - in the last 5 years I traveled to 6 countries but not Europe or usa

What are the chances for me ?
Thank you

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
My father
Does it matter?
Yes, it matters. If your ministry of health believes the conference is relevant to your doctoral research or if they wanted you to represent them then they will fund your entire visit.

With your dad paying for attending the conference, attending the conference is similar to a general tourist who is visiting for sightseeing.... minor difference in the purpose of visit.... but both situations, the applicants are paying out of pocket.

1. Have you attended similar conferences abroad?

2. Did you include evidence of your internship to prove that the conference is relevant to your work + how you will benefit by attending it?

3. What documents did you include from the conference organizers apart from the invitation letter?

SOUMIA KASOUL

Feb 17, 2019
It seems to me that we have the same problem..attending a conference that improves one's potential in the field of his carrier but the expenses are fully catered for by the visa applicant.
It' not our fault if my company and the ministry of health in his country refuse to finance the trip.
All I can say. Good luck YA NASHMI

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
It seems to me that we have the same problem..attending a conference that improves one's potential in the field of his carrier but the expenses are fully catered for by the visa applicant.
From a visa assessment perspective, it does not prove that your employer believes that attending the conference will benefit your work or the employer.

It' not our fault if my company and the ministry of health in his country refuse to finance the trip.
Unfortunately, that's something you need to ask your ministry of health.

All I can say. Good luck YA NASHMI
Many applicants are granted TRVs/visas to attend conferences, exhibitions, events, in Canada if they are able to prove they are genuine conference/ exhibition/ event visitors + their employer/university is paying for their visit + that attending this event/conference (sometimes to present research papers) would help their careers or employers

SOUMIA KASOUL

Feb 17, 2019
Thanks for your reply,
I'm the company translator( French, English, Turkish and Arabic) and my boss is supposed to accompany me in this conference because he will have a stand their and he DOES NOT speak any foreign language but since he has an European passport he preferred to take his daughter with him.
I mean he needs me but he doesn't want to tire himself with the time consuming visa procedures.
I registered in the conference by myself and paid all the fees including hotel reservation and flight ticket.
I feel like I'm going to fail but I will try any way.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks for your reply,
I'm the company translator( French, English, Turkish and Arabic) and my boss is supposed to accompany me in this conference because he will have a stand their and he DOES NOT speak any foreign language but since he has an European passport he preferred to take his daughter with him.
I mean he needs me but he doesn't want to tire himself with the time consuming visa procedures.
I registered in the conference by myself and paid all the fees including hotel reservation and flight ticket.
I feel like I'm going to fail but I will try any way.
Hope it works out well for you

SOUMIA KASOUL

Feb 17, 2019
Next May, I will apply on papier at VFS GLOBAL office in Istanbul, Turkey and let you know everything step by step..I kept in mind that my application will be rejected but I'm gonna try.
Till now, I paid 450 CAD for the conference registration fees, about 960 CAD for hotel booking and 460 Euro for the flight ticket.
It's really sad for a visa applicant who dreams to attend a conference for knowledge and potential improvement but finally his/her dreams clash with the hard reality.
Thanks for your advice

Aug 14, 2019
Hi Dear expert members

I am looking for an advice in my case which is as follows:

I am looking to attend a conference in Montreal Canada. I have a reasonably good job in a MNC in Islamabad Pakistan and have been attending almost similar conferences in my country before. My intent to travel Canada is purely to attend the conference. I have reasonably solid travel history of living in UK for 5 years (Study and the Post Study Work Permit), Multiple schengen countries visited and also visited Dubai, Turkey and Malaysia in the last 10 years. And my main question is: My sister co-incidently also lives in Montreal where I am looking to attend a conference later this year. So do I need to get an invitation letter from my sister as well? or the conference visa invitation letter is only required or shall I attach both? What will be better for me to maximize my chances to get a visitor visa for about 10 to 12 days? I will be bearing expenses of my trip ticket and conference. My sister may accommodate with my stay/ food and other misc. expenses during my stay. But I am looking for an answer that what is better in my case?

My ties to Pakistan are my family (wife and 2 kids), a reputable job where I am working for more than 4 years and my car.

Last edited:

Jazzyk

Aug 14, 2019
Decision envelope has been couriered from the Canada Visa Application Centre,

What does it mean ?