+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Conf. of Perm. Res. is Unsigned ?!

hemlockmark

Jun 15, 2016
Hi all. I received the CoPR and I'm so happy! BUT it is unsigned. This seems to be called "unvalidated". The CoPR came with that call center phone number and the web site "request form" site but those have lead to options that seem to have nothing to do with this.

1. can I just drive across the border and back through to have a border guard validate it?
2. can I just visit customs at the airport - especially without flying (save me some cash)?
3. do I need it signed before I can accept my job at Tim Horton's?

spousalsponsee

Apr 21, 2017
If you have received a COPR, then you are eligible to enter Canada, and seek to become a PR. As part of that, your form will be stamped and signed by you and a border services officer. A regular landing at a border post if you are currently in Canada either means going to the land border, and leaving and re-entering Canada, or flying out and back in. Alternatively, you could make an appointment to 'land' inland, which can involve waiting for months.

If you have not yet landed, then you are not a PR. You will only be able to work if you have a valid current work permit. If you do not have a work permit, you must wait until you land as a PR before working. Working without authorisation can lead to being excluded from Canada.