+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Conestoga College Cancelling Admission (Overcapacity) ?!?!

canadahelpme!

Jun 24, 2021
My friend's intake (September 2021) just got cancelled due to "Overcapacity". He paid his 1 year fee, got his PPR and everything was confirmed. Anyone else that this has happened to? How to prevent?

Sharma sanchi56

Star Member
Aug 11, 2020
My friend's intake (September 2021) just got cancelled due to "Overcapacity". He paid his 1 year fee, got his PPR and everything was confirmed. Anyone else that this has happened to? How to prevent?
Same thing happened with me..just contact the program coordinator they will give you proper guidance about this...

Sharma sanchi56

Star Member
Aug 11, 2020
Which course and can you also please explain what happened and which intake you were for?

Explain please so it can help others
I have valid visa for September intake 2021 and my study program was packaging engineering technician...but due to this problem I'm going to change the course...

canadahelpme!

Jun 24, 2021
I have valid visa for September intake 2021 and my study program was packaging engineering technician...but due to this problem I'm going to change the course...

Did you also upload your PPR and confirm your invoice? Was this a fresh admission?

When did they email you regarding this?

charliem

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2013
Doc's Request.
17-10-2013
AOR Received.
18-10-2013
File Transfer...
March 2014
Med's Request
March 2, 2015. AIP received same day
Med's Done....
March 3, 2015.
Interview........
"Decision made": 1 April 2015
The issue is not how to prevent. But what to do about it?
You can still travel and find a different school here (of course there's a bit of legwork to find a college that would let you in).

I do not see border agent refusing you entry because your school cancelled your admission after you applied for and obtain study permit.

canadahelpme!

Jun 24, 2021
The issue is not how to prevent. But what to do about it?
You can still travel and find a different school here (of course there's a bit of legwork to find a college that would let you in).

I do not see border agent refusing you entry because your school cancelled your admission after you applied for and obtain study permit.
That's too much work for something that isn't supposed to happen in the first place.

I would like to know who it's happening to, why it's happening, or what's causing it! if this has happened to anyone on this website - pls share your experience!

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Your best bet is to try and get into another program at the same college. If you decide to change DLI before you've done at least 1 semester at your current school, your school will report to IRCC and your SP will be cancelled, putting you out of status.

canadahelpme!

Jun 24, 2021
Your best bet is to try and get into another program at the same college. If you decide to change DLI before you've done at least 1 semester at your current school, your school will report to IRCC and your SP will be cancelled, putting you out of status.
Thanks.

I want to connect with people that have experienced this

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Al
That's too much work for something that isn't supposed to happen in the first place.

I would like to know who it's happening to, why it's happening, or what's causing it! if this has happened to anyone on this website - pls share your experience!
There's a recent thread about this same issue. Search the forum...

charliem

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2013
Doc's Request.
17-10-2013
AOR Received.
18-10-2013
File Transfer...
March 2014
Med's Request
March 2, 2015. AIP received same day
Med's Done....
March 3, 2015.
Interview........
"Decision made": 1 April 2015

That's too much work. OK.
Good luck doing research here. It will be easy.

maisonmaibs

Jun 22, 2021
Hello everyone, same thing happened to me, I posted about it in the other forum discussion also about this issue you may or may not wanna check there for any info.

Seeing as the college is still MIA(Unresponsive) I decided to try and find info on how I could change DLI and what impacts that would have on my study permit.

I'm guessing a bunch of you guys also applied or have already received your study permits but are left hanging without a school to attend, like me. You might wanna check this out: ( https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/change-schools.html ).

Also I'd just try straight up reaching out to IRCC and explaining your situation, cause I don't see anything potentially wrong we've done as students. I speculate that they would have at least some guidance on what options are available in this special and unfortunate case. That being hopeful at least.

Please share whatever progress is made, it's much appreciated.

Bisbas

Sep 28, 2021
Guys, How this end up? have you all obtained a solution? I feel horrible when reading about this situation.