jiyamano

May 31, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
LANDED..........
Hello all,

I am a first time buyer and i am little bit confused that what is the best option for me. I will not be living in Canada for long as i am running my bussiness in Japan. So in this case i will put it up for rent. What is the best option to go for? Condo, apt, or house?
Adding on further that my budget is $300,000 + family of 3

CharlotteJ

Jul 31, 2009
a family of 3? Condo should be the best option, a 1 + 1 (den) with Locker and Parking. You might end up paying around $2000 to $2200 a month in/around downtown Toronto.

thezieglers

Star Member
Sep 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The main issue in shit messages is that it does not say WHERE are you going to use the 300k.

300k can be good for an average place in GTA and can buy you a pretty good place in the National Capital Region (Ottawa-Gatineau)

It will be hard to answer, but one thing our friend can do is go to http://www.realtor.ca/, enter the data and play with the results.

Regarding of what style suits you the most, I will recommend you this link about the different kind of houses you can find in Canada as a starter.

Enjoy

donutbox

Aug 7, 2010
CharlotteJ said:
a family of 3? Condo should be the best option, a 1 + 1 (den) with Locker and Parking. You might end up paying around $2000 to $2200 a month in/around downtown Toronto.
Can you tell me what is a "Locker"?

Felix07Richerd

Jun 21, 2011
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is completely depend requirements and choice,

House - Individual house is always hard to budget but main profit is you have full freedom.

Apartments - wide choice as well also affordable

Condo - also much like apartments.

So here you can say options are available.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
donutbox said:
Can you tell me what is a "Locker"?
A Locker is like a storage where you can put personal belongings. It is usually locate in a communal compound such as clubhouse and school.