+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Conditional Acceptance Letter Based On Final Marks

marie0707

Apr 27, 2016
Hi everyone,

I've heard (from a good source) that you can apply for a student visa with a conditional acceptance letter from the designated learning institution with the condition based on results of your final exam marks.
They told me that you can start the application process with CIC but then you will need the final marks and unconditional letter that you then submit later when you have them to get granted the Visa.
I don't want to apply with the conditional letter and have the application rejected. Any advice? Will CIC start the process and wait for the unconditional letter?

The reason I want to do this is the timing is very tight if I wait for the unconditional letter.

NemesisBR

Star Member
Sep 17, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-06-2018
Interview........
14-08-2018
Passport Req..
14-08-2018 ?
You can try with the conditional letter as I also heard that you would be accepted as well.
If you get rejection, do it again.

And if you got you unconditional letter, remove previous application and do it again.
But, with this, processing time will count all over again.

There's nothing much to be done.

Cheers, good luck!

marie0707

Apr 27, 2016
Thanks. I was told CIC will accept the conditional letter and start processing the application but they don't actually grant the Visa until you submit the unconditional letter. I was told this is standard practice but also am reading elsewhere that the application will be rejected. So frustrating not knowing which is right as I'm getting conflicting answers. What I'm trying to find out is if they will wait until you submit the unconditional letter(sort of similar to them asking for a medical for example) or do they completely outright reject it as soon as they see the conditional letter.

NemesisBR

Star Member
Sep 17, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-06-2018
Interview........
14-08-2018
Passport Req..
14-08-2018 ?
That I can guarantee to you that is not possible.
After you submit your application you're not able to change the documentation.

At least I couldn't.

marie0707

Apr 27, 2016
It wouldn't be changing the documentation. It would be submitting an additional one when the CIC officer asks for it. From my understanding the CIC officer might ask for something through the application process and then you submit what is additionally required. In this case they will say to provide an unconditional letter of acceptance once you have your exam marks available and are able to get one.

NemesisBR

Star Member
Sep 17, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-06-2018
Interview........
14-08-2018
Passport Req..
14-08-2018 ?
Yes, like you said, it's really frustrating not knowing if this information is correct.

I heard some people saying that you can get your visa with an unconditional letter.

Try to create a new, more specific, topic like "Getting visa with unconditional letter, is that possible?" or something like that.

sisswa

Feb 1, 2016
please have been seeing this lately. what is unconditional and conditional acceptance letter

marie0707

Apr 27, 2016
NemesisBR said:
Yes, like you said, it's really frustrating not knowing if this information is correct.

I heard some people saying that you can get your visa with an unconditional letter.

Try to create a new, more specific, topic like "Getting visa with unconditional letter, is that possible?" or something like that.
I really appreciate your answers thanks but that is not exactly what I am asking. I am asking if you can start the application process with a conditional letter as I do not have the unconditional letter as of yet. When I get the unconditional letter I will submit it to get my Visa. If I wait until I get the unconditional letter it will be too late to get my Visa in time. I heard that people can do this.

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

marie0707 said:
But that is not what I am asking. I am asking if you can start the application process with a conditional letter as I do not have the unconditional letter as of yet. When I get the unconditional letter I will submit it to get my Visa. If I wait until I get the unconditional letter it will be too late to get my Visa in time. I heard that people can do this.

It depend what conditions are there. It is possible to apply with a conditional LOA. You always have option to 'FAX' unconditional LOA later on.

marie0707

Apr 27, 2016
sisswa said:
please have been seeing this lately. what is unconditional and conditional acceptance letter
Conditional means you have to meet some kind of condition at a later date in order to be fully accepted like for example, in my case, my final exam marks have to be a certain grade and I don't have the results yet - I was granted the conditional letter with my interim marks. But as soon as I get the results and they meet the condition then I will be able to get an unconditional acceptance letter which means you are fully accepted now

marie0707

Apr 27, 2016
J5M said:
Hi,

It depend what conditions are there. It is possible to apply with a conditional LOA. You always have option to 'FAX' unconditional LOA later on.
Thanks. This is good to know. I need to understand if you have this option.

rogerdude1

Apr 24, 2021
Hi everyone,

I've heard (from a good source) that you can apply for a student visa with a conditional acceptance letter from the designated learning institution with the condition based on results of your final exam marks.
They told me that you can start the application process with CIC but then you will need the final marks and unconditional letter that you then submit later when you have them to get granted the Visa.
I don't want to apply with the conditional letter and have the application rejected. Any advice? Will CIC start the process and wait for the unconditional letter?

The reason I want to do this is the timing is very tight if I wait for the unconditional letter.
Hey, so did you get your application approved with a conditional LOA?