+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Condition "REPORT FOR MEDICAL OBSERVATION AND/OR TREATMENT" on work permit

t6g0s3

Feb 27, 2018
Hello,

I applied for the post graduate work permit (PGWP) from within Canada before my study permit expires. During the process, the cic websites “Application status” shows that “You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes” and I do not receive further message about medical exam. The work permit was approved and mailed to me. But there is a condition printed in the work permit: “MUST REPORT FOR MEDICAL OBSERVATION AND/OR TREATMEN. MEDICAL FORMS MAILED SEPARATELY”. I don’t quite understand why I still need medical exam after the permit has been approved. I had medical exam before I entered to Canada when I was applying for my study permit and my first temporary residues visa (TRV), and I never lived for more than 6 months in other countries, and I am not working in jobs related with health/food/agriculture etc, this means following the application questionnaire I do not need medical exam. But this condition printed in my work permit is confusing. I still need to use this work permit to renew my TRV, and I suspect the condition was printed by mistake. Can I just disregard this condition?

Here is the status from CIC:
Where is this application?
Application status
A final decision has been made. Please see the final decision below.
Review of eligibility Your eligiblity has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below.
Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check Not applicable.
Final decision Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.
And the received work permit has the above-mentioned condition printed on it:
Conditions:
1. MUST REPORT FOR MEDICAL OBSERVATION AND/OR TREATMEN. MEDICAL FORMS MAILED SEPARATELY

t6g0s3

Feb 27, 2018
Any update?
Update:

The "condition" line is misleading. The real meaning is that "If you have medical observation and/or treatment, you must report, otherwise you are good to go".

I wrote to CIC and their reply is nothing but the same as in their website. Finally I understood the meaning of the condition after consulting an immigration expert.

I applied my entry visa (TRV) with this work permit and it was approved the next day (very fast!) and I got the letter from CIC to send my passport.

narestar

Jul 4, 2017
Update:

The "condition" line is misleading. The real meaning is that "If you have medical observation and/or treatment, you must report, otherwise you are good to go".

I wrote to CIC and their reply is nothing but the same as in their website. Finally I understood the meaning of the condition after consulting an immigration expert.

I applied my entry visa (TRV) with this work permit and it was approved the next day (very fast!) and I got the letter from CIC to send my passport.
Thank you t6g0s3..

prabhflora

Star Member
Nov 27, 2019
i got one condition on my study permit that is "must report medical observation and/or treatment within 30 days" what does this means?

Last edited: