+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

condition 51 repealed april 28th questions????

Lovelycomplex

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 7th 2014
Doc's Request.
Jan 26th 2015-Marriage Certificate request
AOR Received.
Feb 11Th 2015 AOR2 AG 5th 2015-pgr
File Transfer...
SA- Feb 12Th 2015
Med's Done....
Medicals received on Ecas
LANDED..........
25/11/2015
Just so i get it right... my husband came today with some news that says condition 51 has been repealed and saying i'm no longer under condition 51 and congratulating me for being a full permanent resident as i always told him i wasn't a ''full'' PR till the 2 years have passed and that on that day we would celebrate.

So...I'm a little confused, does it only apply for new applicants or new pr's or it is also for the existing Pr card holders that had COPR with condition 51 ?
can i eat my cake?

Rsquare

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
Lovelycomplex said:
Just so i get it right... my husband came today with some news that says condition 51 has been repealed and saying i'm no longer under condition 51 and congratulating me for being a full permanent resident as i always told him i wasn't a ''full'' PR till the 2 years have passed and that on that day we would celebrate.

So...I'm a little confused, does it only apply for new applicants or new pr's or it is also for the existing Pr card holders that had COPR with condition 51 ?
can i eat my cake?
Youre included in the repeal. Condition 51 doesnt apply to anyone anymore :)

spousalsponsee

Apr 21, 2017
Lovelycomplex said:

can i eat my cake?
It's for everyone, you are now a full PR :)

(Specifically, the notice emphasised it is for everyone except those who have already completely lost their PR due to relationship breakdown. Future arrivals don't have it, COPRs that hadn't been sent had to be manually reprinted to remove it from them, people who already arrived and had it, like you, had it removed, and people who were currently under investigation due to it had the investigation halted and abandoned).

Halcan

Mar 14, 2017
I got my CoPr with the condition in the first week of this month. Interesting that CBSA officer didn't tell me that it doesn't apply. She just said "I have to cohabit for two years" when I landed last week. No idea why.

C

Classic Chucks

I got my CoPr with the condition in the first week of this month. Interesting that CBSA officer didn't tell me that it doesn't apply. She just said "I have to cohabit for two years" when I landed last week. No idea why.
Some officers just forget and do it out of habit. But it's been repealed and you now have full PR.