+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Concerns about SOWP

Olewa

Aug 2, 2023
Hi everyone,

I am going for a one year diploma in a college with no PGWP, I applied for a study visa which was approved. My spouse as well applied for a TRV ( work) based on my application which was also approved.

We both will be leaving for Canada by September but we recently discovered a part of the IRCC website that says that for the spouse to get a SOWP the primary applicant ( which is I) must go for a PGWP course.

I am confused by this as my spouse already has his TRV based on my application.

I have few questions:
Does he run a risk of being denied entry at the port entry into Canada?
Why was his TRV approved knowing that I ( the primary applicant) am not going for a PGWP college?

I would appreciate some insight please. Thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everyone,

I am going for a one year diploma in a college with no PGWP, I applied for a study visa which was approved. My spouse as well applied for a TRV ( work) based on my application which was also approved.

We both will be leaving for Canada by September but we recently discovered a part of the IRCC website that says that for the spouse to get a SOWP the primary applicant ( which is I) must go for a PGWP course.

I am confused by this as my spouse already has his TRV based on my application.

I have few questions:
Does he run a risk of being denied entry at the port entry into Canada?
Why was his TRV approved knowing that I ( the primary applicant) am not going for a PGWP college?

I would appreciate some insight please. Thank you
Why did you create a new account with the same question?

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/sowp-for-non-pgwp-college.817887/#post-10568521