+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Concerned over flight dates

soozy777

Jun 8, 2009
Hi again,
I am preparing to return to Canada in October to be with my boyfriend and we are beginning Sponsorship proceedings.
I have just booked return flights with an airline I used last year who fly direct from my local airport, their last flight to Canada leaves on the 30th October and my return ticket is on their first flight back to the UK on the 1st May, they do not fly between Canada and UK during the Winter months.
I did look at other airline companies but they are so expensive and only have indirect flights, which makes for longer hours travelling and I am not the best of travellers.
My concern is that these dates take me over the 6 month Visa limit, will this cause a problem with Immigration when I land? I am so worried especially after reading some of the posts on this forum and I don't want to do anything to jeapordise my Sponsorship.
Can someone please advise,
thanks

rblack

Jul 24, 2009
When I first went to Canada, we had to show proof of leaving Canada before they would give me my 1 year temp Visa.

I just went online to Amtrax and bought a train ticket from jsut inside Canada to Just inside USA.

Ticket cost me $15 and the border guy that stamped my passport was cool with that. They don't care where you go, jsut as long as you can prove you are leaving.

Then I cancelled it once I was inside Canada and got the money back.

soozy777

Jun 8, 2009
Thanks for reply,
Yes I see what you're saying, it seems like common sense, and I will be travelling into USA during my stay, although I'm not sure they're too happy about people using US to keep 'topping up' Visa time.
I suppose at the end of the day it's whoever the IO is when I go through customs, and I will be proving my return to UK with the ticket.
Anyway, I'll take that risk and hope for the best. :)