+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

concerned about sowp extension

Neethi Soman

May 20, 2021
Hi there,

I applied for a SOWP extension on January 4th. at that time I was a full-time employee and I submitted an employment letter, and 2 pay stubs for the application. But now I lost that job :( and I'm worried about the application. Will it be rejected? I am not sure that I can find a new job within that period because getting a job nowadays is difficult. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thank you!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi there,

I applied for a SOWP extension on January 4th. at that time I was a full-time employee and I submitted an employment letter, and 2 pay stubs for the application. But now I lost that job :( and I'm worried about the application. Will it be rejected? I am not sure that I can find a new job within that period because getting a job nowadays is difficult. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thank you!
What permit does your spouse have? Looks like he may have PGWP and you may have also studied in Canada? If you applied for an SOWP and not PGWP he would be always known as the primary applicant. When does his PGWP expire? Is he employed and how long has he been employed?

Neethi Soman

May 20, 2021
What permit does your spouse have? Looks like he may have PGWP and you may have also studied in Canada? If you applied for an SOWP and not PGWP he would be always known as the primary applicant. When does his PGWP expire? Is he employed and how long has he been employed?
he has an Open work permit which is Valid till April 2024. So he applied for SOWP extension with my employment letter (I was student). Now I lost my job :(

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
he has an Open work permit which is Valid till April 2024. So he applied for SOWP extension with my employment letter (I was student). Now I lost my job :(
Just to clarify you are on PGWP and he is applying for SOWP extension. Sadly you have to update IRC about the fact that you are no longer employed and he will not qualify for an SOWP until your have found a new job and have 3 new pay stubs. Not informing IRCC would be considered misrepresentation. Hopefully you can find a new job soon and then reapply or got to a land border with the US and apply for an SOWP or SOWP extension. If doing flagpoling please check hours and days where flagpoling is possible at your preferred border and also find out how many applications they accept per day.

Neethi Soman

May 20, 2021
Just to clarify you are on PGWP and he is applying for SOWP extension. Sadly you have to update IRC about the fact that you are no longer employed and he will not qualify for an SOWP until your have found a new job and have 3 new pay stubs. Not informing IRCC would be considered misrepresentation. Hopefully you can find a new job soon and then reapply or got to a land border with the US and apply for an SOWP or SOWP extension. If doing flagpoling please check hours and days where flagpoling is possible at your preferred border and also find out how many applications they accept per day.
just want to clarify, for the flag polling did they check if I am employed or not ?

Inthemidst

Nov 6, 2013
App. Filed.......
Dec 12 2015
Doc's Request.
Jan 4th
AOR Received.
Dec 12th
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
waiting
just want to clarify, for the flag polling did they check if I am employed or not ?
They would check literally everything (atleast thats what happened to us) and do inform IRCC about your current unemployment asap. Coz if caught the repercussions are really bad. Specially these days were many are misrepresenting.

Inthemidst

Nov 6, 2013
App. Filed.......
Dec 12 2015
Doc's Request.
Jan 4th
AOR Received.
Dec 12th
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
waiting

Question, do the PGWP holder job should be in 0,1,2,3 category in order to get SOWP approval? ( Heard something like that in the past)