+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Concerned about how closely CIC examines job duties for NOCs

Rabiya Saj

Oct 16, 2020
Hello Asivad Anac,

Thank you for all the help you provide on this forum.

I already submitted my PR application, and now having concerns regarding work history letters.
None of my letters specifies number of hours worked per week because that is simply not regarded here in the Middle East (I attached a LOE for this).
I have 10 years of work experience in different positions and I have letters from all previous employers (5).
Unfortunately, not all the letters include the information as requested. Dates and positions are clearly mentioned on all but for example salary is not because certain companies view this information as confidential and would not share it.
Not all letters also include detailed roles and responsibilities, because for example the responsibilities of a software developer are quite obvious.

Would CIC officers disregard a 10 year work history if they simply don't see the word "Full-Time" or "Permanent" on a reference letter ?
Would they reject a reference letter if it doesn't show a phone number but has only an email address or a website ? Are they going by the book here or is there a more logical approach when it comes to assessing profiles ?

Thanks
Hello I was wondering how did this go for you as I am in a similar situation

Rabiya Saj

Oct 16, 2020
It wasn't an issue, they accepted the letters as is
My first employer has just given me a letter stating my dates of joining and exit and my job title. Please advice what should I do for the job responsibilities in this case. I worked for the company between 2012 to 2014