+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Concern regarding Updating my Passport Details after receiving AOR

meatloader

Mar 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hey guys ... i got my AOR 1st week of April. Now since i am halfway thru this process ... I have a concern.
My agent uploaded my previous passport number by mistake. How do i now change and update my passport number ?
Is this a serious issue ? Will this lead to any kind of rejection in my application ?
SENIORS PLEASE HELP on what is the process and will this lead to any kind of delay in the process ...
Thanks.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
meatloader said:
hey guys ... i got my AOR 1st week of April. Now since i am halfway thru this process ... I have a concern.
My agent uploaded my previous passport number by mistake. How do i now change and update my passport number ?
Is this a serious issue ? Will this lead to any kind of rejection in my application ?
SENIORS PLEASE HELP on what is the process and will this lead to any kind of delay in the process ...
Thanks.
Raise a Case Specific Enquiry. It is also referred to as IRCC Web Form. Check this link to know more https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

res1

Star Member
Mar 23, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2016
AOR Received.
18-02-2016
Med's Done....
03-03-2016
Passport Req..
17-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-08-2016
LANDED..........
26-08-2016
meatloader said:
Thanks.
Raise a CSE. I updated my passport info that way, and later on saw it updated in GCMS notes.

meatloader

Mar 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks Stanlee and res1.
In the website it says it takes around 5 working days to get updated. Do they stick onto that timeline ?
And will this mistake of uploading the old passport cause any sort of delay in the visa application ?
I have already raised a CSE after seeing your replies.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers !

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
meatloader said:
thanks Stanlee and res1.
In the website it says it takes around 5 working days to get updated. Do they stick onto that timeline ?
And will this mistake of uploading the old passport cause any sort of delay in the visa application ?
I have already raised a CSE after seeing your replies.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers !
Personally I do not think that this could be a big issue. I believe that you would have attached a Letter of Explanation with your new passport copy.