+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Concern Regarding academic qualification

AjmalK000

Oct 27, 2022
Hello everyone,
I enrolled in 2011 for a bachelor's degree in engineering and graduated in 2020 (it's a four-year program). this might it be a drawback if I intend to immigrate to Canada via express entry?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello everyone,
I enrolled in 2011 for a bachelor's degree in engineering and graduated in 2020 (it's a four-year program). this might it be a drawback if I intend to immigrate to Canada via express entry?
Why is it a drawback if you completed the program? Assume you have ECA for the degree and IELTS, and are eligible with 67 points to submit a profile.

AjmalK000

Oct 27, 2022
I appreciate your response.
My concern is that I heard there is a policy that the work experience only counts after graduation, so I only have two years of experience according to the policy, despite the fact that I have been working for the last five years. I'd like to know if this is true.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I appreciate your response.
My concern is that I heard there is a policy that the work experience only counts after graduation, so I only have two years of experience according to the policy, despite the fact that I have been working for the last five years. I'd like to know if this is true.
Not for Express Entry. You need one-year, continuous, full-time experience. I would be more concerned if you are eligible for EE with only a bachelors unless you have family in Canada and high IELTS scores.