pradeeshma

May 4, 2006
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2013
Hello
I have filed my application for PR (Skilled category) in Canadian consulate New Delhi. The Current processing time in New Delhi office
is 5 years. Today the pass mark is 64. What if another 2 years down the line the pass mark is increased to say 80?. (My application is less likely to be processed by the New Delhi office in 2 years time due to back log they have) Will my application for PR get rejected if i failed to get 80 points?. :cry:
If yes do u think its correct since many people like me have applied based on the current point system required which is 64.

Pls advice.

JC

Star Member
Aug 25, 2005
Your skilled worker application will be assessed according to the new pass mark if you have not yet received a selection decision by the time a change in the current point system takes place.

pradeeshma

May 4, 2006
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2013
Hello JC
Thx for the reply. Do u think its fare to judge the pending applications against new rules. Many of us are applying assuming that the current rules are in favour for us. Today Pass mark is 67 and many have applied because they are eligible for 67. Now accessing them against a higher pass mark is not corret right ?. Any comments ?

JC

Star Member
Aug 25, 2005
Unfortunately, we don’t make the rules. It works both ways. The passmark could also be lowered to favour those who would not have initially qualified which is what happened when it came down to 67 (not 64 as you have written) from the previous 75 mark.

BCbound

Star Member
Jan 4, 2005
Without meaning to sound nasty, I think you have to consider the purpose of the pass mark.

It is to insure the people needed in Canada are allowed in. In other words it is about what is best for Canada and Canadians at the time that the pass mark is set. It is not about what is fair to the applicant, but about what is right for Canada.

Try to look at it as a Canadian observer, not as an applicant. Life is not always fair.

kavin6

May 31, 2006
Pradeeshma,

When did you apply ?. I applied on april 2004 to new delhi and got AOR on aug 2004. After that no information. Have you got any info from embassy?.

pradeeshma

May 4, 2006
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2013
Hello Kevin
I applied in 2005. Its a long q i think. did u apply via any consultant ?.
I did it myself.

With Regards
Pradeesh