+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Concern about the delay

jay96962

Feb 17, 2021
Good afternoon, fellow immigrants. This is my first time posting something on this forum.

I have sent all my documentation under the category "Family Sponsorship - Dependent child."

The thing is, it seems like that my application is getting awfully delayed. IRCC received my application on August 16, 2020,
yet, I have not even received AOR or any replay from IRCC. Although, I did call the office, and got my temporary file number (cannot do anything with it : /)
still, it makes me super nervous about the process. Does anyone have the same issues?

It would be really helpful if I can get any advice, much appreciated. Thank you so much.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Good afternoon, fellow immigrants. This is my first time posting something on this forum.

I have sent all my documentation under the category "Family Sponsorship - Dependent child."

The thing is, it seems like that my application is getting awfully delayed. IRCC received my application on August 16, 2020,
yet, I have not even received AOR or any replay from IRCC. Although, I did call the office, and got my temporary file number (cannot do anything with it : /)
still, it makes me super nervous about the process. Does anyone have the same issues?

It would be really helpful if I can get any advice, much appreciated. Thank you so much.
This seems fairly average for processing these days. Would look at other posts of PRs sponsoring children.

jay96962

Feb 17, 2021
This seems fairly average for processing these days. Would look at other posts of PRs sponsoring children.
Thanks for the reply. I looked up at other posts as well, and I just realized that more than few people are experiencing the same problem as me.
Welp, I guess I gotta wait and wait.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for the reply. I looked up at other posts as well, and I just realized that more than few people are experiencing the same problem as me.
Welp, I guess I gotta wait and wait.
Wouldn't say it's a problem. Processing was 5-11 months before covid delays but covid has certainly delayed processing.

jay96962

Feb 17, 2021
Wouldn't say it's a problem. Processing was 5-11 months before covid delays but covid has certainly delayed processing.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/thread-for-2019-2020-dependent-child-sponsorship-applications.665297/page-90

Most of the people are getting their AOR in roughly 3 months since the day IRCC received their application.
It's been half year since I sent the application to IRCC, and I haven't even got the AOR yet.
Have I done something wrong?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/thread-for-2019-2020-dependent-child-sponsorship-applications.665297/page-90

Most of the people are getting their AOR in roughly 3 months since the day IRCC received their application.
It's been half year since I sent the application to IRCC, and I haven't even got the AOR yet.
Have I done something wrong?
I wouldn't say that's accurate since COVID. Many are waiting significantly longer.

I don't think there's anything wrong with your application. Everything is just taking longer now.

Reactions: canuck78

jay96962

Feb 17, 2021
I wouldn't say that's accurate since COVID. Many are waiting significantly longer.

I don't think there's anything wrong with your application. Everything is just taking longer now.
I see, that makes me feel much better. Thank you so much for replying.