Apr 10, 2014
Perth
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-03-2015
hi,
Anyone know about computer based ielts and modules?
I wang to try a shot

Reactions: FTdbg

deeptj

Star Member
Apr 10, 2014
Perth
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-03-2015
Hey, I'm really interested too. Want to try that way, it seems easier...

Yaa Someone told me that it’s easier than the basic one, almost every Australian immigrant prefers PTE test instead of Ielts..and PTE is completely computer based, more scoring. I think should give a try.

Captain789

May 27, 2018
I took it twice.

I didn't like the results of the first one, but my listening/reading sections were fine. You have to be careful with writing because it is very easy to write 320 words in the essay p.2, which apparently is a little bit more than they need. I'm still waiting for results of my 2nd attempt, will see. Not sure about the listening section this time, might have miss 0.5 point again. (

deeptj

Star Member
Apr 10, 2014
Perth
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-03-2015
Yaa Someone told me that it’s easier than the basic one, almost every Australian immigrant prefers PTE test instead of Ielts..and PTE is completely computer based, more scoring. I think should give a try.
Oh.. I never tried, so what was your last score ? And please update you new results too.. whenever you receive. Thanks

FTdbg

Jan 21, 2018
Yeah, for me it would be a nightmare to actually right down an essay with paper and pen. When it's typed down, I can recognize many more mistakes. PTE is not an option for me, because I'm trying to apply for EE.

FTdbg

Jan 21, 2018
I took it twice.

I didn't like the results of the first one, but my listening/reading sections were fine. You have to be careful with writing because it is very easy to write 320 words in the essay p.2, which apparently is a little bit more than they need. I'm still waiting for results of my 2nd attempt, will see. Not sure about the listening section this time, might have miss 0.5 point again. (
It will be allright, good luck! So where you guys from? I figured out that in my country CB IELTS is relatively new option to try...

Reactions: Captain789

Catpaws14

Star Member
Sep 3, 2017
If you are taking the computer-based IELTS, don't forget to scroll down especially for reading. You might miss a statement etc. Don't click next without checking the whole content and before answering, it is important that you understand the question/instruction. Computer-based can be overwhelming especially in reading. On the left side of your screen is the essay while on your right is the question and answers. Time management is key and always practise within the specified time to finish the task. And make use of the highlight option by right clicking.

Last edited:
Reactions: Captain789

Captain789

May 27, 2018
I would recommend you this:
1) In the L section try to write the answers immediately. Also in the section 4 when they have tough sections with words to write down, don't try to find each particular answer, write some words, phrases that might be useful, it helped me a lot and I use this technique all the time. Sometimes you hear it and you are 100% sure, sometimes not. If you are fighting for every answer, this is your chance.
2) In the R section - highlight everything you think might be useful, dates/names - it will make your life easier.
3) In the W section don't write more than 185 words in s1 and 285 words in section 2. They don't need it, and the more you write, the worse it can get. I also think that in order to get 7.0, you have to score 7.5 in this section, but this is only my guess.

I hope that helps.

csullogzita

Jun 23, 2019
Hello everyone! I am actually thinking about taking the computer based test in Calgary. Does anyone has any experience in taking this exam there? Although I have experience in taking the paper-based test, I think it would be good to try this one. I desperately need at least 7.5 from
Each section.
Can you please share your +/- experience?
Best regards