+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Computer Base IELTS

JamesK_1

Jun 24, 2018
Hi All,

Has anyone done computer based IELTS here.

If so, could you help everyone who are considering it about the exam process.

1. Do we get a practise test (CD/Weblink) after registration, like the book we get for paper base exam
2. Are we allow to make notes using a pen and paper during the exam (writing and listening)
3. During the listening section, is there more time in between sections for checking answers than in the paper base since there is no additional10 minute to transfer the answers.
4. Is the cost of the exam, same as paper base or lower or higher

Also anyone aware of free computer base exam practice available on the net ?

Thanks

vdhiman23

Jul 1, 2016
Here are my comments.

1. Do we get a practise test (CD/Weblink) after registration, like the book we get for paper base exam - NO
2. Are we allow to make notes using a pen and paper during the exam (writing and listening) - NO
3. During the listening section, is there more time in between sections for checking answers than in the paper base since there is no additional10 minute to transfer the answers. Yes, some time given to review answers, but no extra 10 min. at the end
4. Is the cost of the exam, same as paper base or lower or higher : Same

I would strongly recommend, If you already given IELTS paper base for couple of time and are short of inches to get your desire score, do not switch to computer based.

Hi All,

Has anyone done computer based IELTS here.

If so, could you help everyone who are considering it about the exam process.

1. Do we get a practise test (CD/Weblink) after registration, like the book we get for paper base exam
2. Are we allow to make notes using a pen and paper during the exam (writing and listening)
3. During the listening section, is there more time in between sections for checking answers than in the paper base since there is no additional10 minute to transfer the answers.
4. Is the cost of the exam, same as paper base or lower or higher

Also anyone aware of free computer base exam practice available on the net ?

Thanks

sanjaykyada

Feb 5, 2019
Here are my comments.

1. Do we get a practise test (CD/Weblink) after registration, like the book we get for paper base exam - NO
2. Are we allow to make notes using a pen and paper during the exam (writing and listening) - NO
3. During the listening section, is there more time in between sections for checking answers than in the paper base since there is no additional10 minute to transfer the answers. Yes, some time given to review answers, but no extra 10 min. at the end
4. Is the cost of the exam, same as paper base or lower or higher : Same

I would strongly recommend, If you already given IELTS paper base for couple of time and are short of inches to get your desire score, do not switch to computer based.
===> If possible, please explain the reasons for not to try computer based.
I'm asking this because I gave 10 time before paper based and now, I am planning to taking computer based.

Pankaj Pundir

Mar 15, 2016
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mumbai
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
===> If possible, please explain the reasons for not to try computer based.
I'm asking this because I gave 10 time before paper based and now, I am planning to taking computer based.
1. While typing one tends to make spelling mistakes (typo errors) & to add to salt to wounds the system can easily highlights these mistakes to the examiner.
2. You cannot change your Listening section answers while doing reading section. Though this is not allowed in paper based exam but there is always scope for this.

marinamuricy

Star Member
Jan 30, 2019
I have had some positive feedbacks from people who tried the computer based. They said it made the listening and the writing easier. For the listening you have your own headphone and can control the volume and for the writing it's faster to write if you are used to computer and easier to edit and correct your essay.

Nobody really have previous training with the computer based, but many people have positive experience with that. I guess it's worth a try if you are comfortable using computers. I have taken the IELTS twice and I will definitely try the computer based if I do not get the scored I need on my last exam.