+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Comprehensive security screening?

Elphen

Star Member
Aug 14, 2018
Hi, my AoR is Feb 11 2019 and I have been told my an IRCC agent that the security checks on my file started back on May 28th. This is the day when I was requested additional documents as well. Does this indicate that my file is in comprehensive security screening that takes many months?

Elphen

Star Member
Aug 14, 2018
Security Screening for me started on 06th August.. no update after that
Well Aug 6th was just 4 days ago :p In my case it's been 2.5 months plus I has an ADR at the time security was initiated. I think you have nothing to worry about unlike me

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hi, my AoR is Feb 11 2019 and I have been told my an IRCC agent that the security checks on my file started back on May 28th. This is the day when I was requested additional documents as well. Does this indicate that my file is in comprehensive security screening that takes many months?
What additional documents were you requested ?
If your application has been in background/security check phase for over 2 months it may likely indicate that it is under the security screening(SS)

supun567

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
Sri Lanka
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
22-12-2018
Well Aug 6th was just 4 days ago :p In my case it's been 2.5 months plus I has an ADR at the time security was initiated. I think you have nothing to worry about unlike me
I was also asked for ADRs on 16th and 23 July respectively.

Shahanastar

Oct 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
If your application has been in background/security check phase for over 2 months it may likely indicate that it is under the security screening(SS)
My security is in process since end of May too. Is it safe to assume that I’m in screening as well?
Eligibility and criminality is passed. Also, dependents security is passed.

Elphen

Star Member
Aug 14, 2018
They asked for my CV. Seems like a telltale ss sign to me

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
They asked for my CV. Seems like a telltale ss sign to me
Yes they do for certain nationalities(Iranian, Chinese, Pakistani others) or education(e.g. if one has a PhD or a Masters degree) or because of work back ground (e.g. scientist, physicists, etc)

Last edited:

supun567

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
Sri Lanka
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
22-12-2018
Can i ask whats the status of your eligibility check and criminality check? Security can even start just after one month from submission, but it does not mean anything if the status of other two factors are either pending or review required. I guess either you paid RPRF upfront or on the date they started security. Am i correct?