+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Complication regarding NOC ...

GurpreetSunny

Star Member
Feb 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Friends,

We all can understand how important it is for all of us to get through the express entry procedure. I am stuck in a very crucial phase. I am a lawyer in india who is dealing in tax laws along with other legal fields. Presently my points are 471.

However, earlier being misguided by somebody and lack of knowledge i chose NOC 1111 (tax consultant) and started my express entry profile. during this period i applied for PNP of nova scotia and lately i got my pre-aor from the province.

The confusion, however is that i strongly believe that my NOC should be 4112 (lawyers and quebec notaries). Now if i change my NOC from 1111 to 4112 nova scotia would find wrong information in my eoi would consider as mis-representation and if i go further with 1111 then i might get rejected as 4112 is more appropriate for me. Please help.
hopefully tomorrow is the draw and i might qualify, therefore wish to sort this out before that.

Seniors, please help and advice.

mamaJM

Star Member
Mar 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2016
Doc's Request.
FBI: 06-05-2016
AOR Received.
21-04-2016
Passport Req..
07-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-01-2016
LANDED..........
07-01-2017
GurpreetSunny said:
Dear Friends,

We all can understand how important it is for all of us to get through the express entry procedure. I am stuck in a very crucial phase. I am a lawyer in india who is dealing in tax laws along with other legal fields. Presently my points are 471.

However, earlier being misguided by somebody and lack of knowledge i chose NOC 1111 (tax consultant) and started my express entry profile. during this period i applied for PNP of nova scotia and lately i got my pre-aor from the province.

The confusion, however is that i strongly believe that my NOC should be 4112 (lawyers and quebec notaries). Now if i change my NOC from 1111 to 4112 nova scotia would find wrong information in my eoi would consider as mis-representation and if i go further with 1111 then i might get rejected as 4112 is more appropriate for me. Please help.
hopefully tomorrow is the draw and i might qualify, therefore wish to sort this out before that.

Seniors, please help and advice.
I would suggest you go with the correct NOC, it's not misrepresentation at all. Just tell them that after carefully review, you realized your NOC is different. They will still ask for additional documents when they start processing your application, which will all be via email, then you have the chance to explain. My spouse has a similar situation and he is about to send new letters to them after he changed NOC. I will update you if you want.

GurpreetSunny

Star Member
Feb 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mamaJM said:
I would suggest you go with the correct NOC, it's not misrepresentation at all. Just tell them that after carefully review, you realized your NOC is different. They will still ask for additional documents when they start processing your application, which will all be via email, then you have the chance to explain. My spouse has a similar situation and he is about to send new letters to them after he changed NOC. I will update you if you want.
Thank you for your reply.
The issue is with PNP, so i have decided to withdraw my application from assessment and continue with federal express entry. 471 is a good score and i might sail through this time.
Nevertheless plz do update on this thread as it would help us all to understand. NOC is the most technical part of eoi.
Thank you

skiffyz

Star Member
Jun 29, 2017
hi, is experience gained for ACCA membership counted as relevant experience under NOC 1111 for express entry applicants? please reply!