+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Complicated issue- need urgent suggestions

tuhin_40

Nov 6, 2012
Hi,

I applied for my parents and my younger brother in 2007. All of my family are in Bangladesh at that time. In 2010, my younger brother came in Canada as an International student, and now he is pursuing his PhD in Canada as an international student. But, my parents are still in Bangladesh now. Last week they received a letter from the corresponding authority asking them to go for the medical test within the next six (6) months. My brother's name is also there along with my parents name. Now, my question is, is it possible in anyway for my brother to send the medical report without going to Bangladesh? And as they will require my brother to send his passport also, how should he manage this issue? Thank you very much in anticipation of an early reply.

Best Regards,

Roy

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
App abandoned in July '14
For medicals, normally everyone on the application should see the same DMP. However, when some applicants are in different countries, then it is possible for such applicants to get the medicals done where they live. So in your case your parents can undergo medicals in Bangladesh, while your brother can do the medicals in Canada. However, at the time of visa issue, your brother may have to go to Bangladesh to get the visa stamped.

tuhin_40

Nov 6, 2012
Hi Sakamath,

Thank you so much for your prompt reply. By the term "get the visa stamped", I guess you are mentioning about getting the visa stamped in their passports. For my parents case, they will mail their passport to the respective authorities once they are requested to do so few days/weeks after the medical test. Is not it fine if my brother also sends his passport to the the respective authorities through mail from Canada?

Roy

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
App abandoned in July '14
I doubt the visa would be stamped in such a short time. Visit the Parents Sponsorship thread here:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/parents-sponsership-joine-here-t91654.8685.html

and compare where you stand with respect to others. There is a wonderful spreadsheet that has details of over 150 persons who have sponsored their parents.

tuhin_40

Nov 6, 2012
ok, thanks a lot. What I have seen in the spreadsheet, in some cases, request to perform medical test and sending passport is at the same date! For some other cases, it takes from 6 months to 1 year after the medical test to receive the request of sending passport.

So, as you said, my brother can perform his medical test in Canada, and when they will be requested to send their passports (may be after 6 months or more from the date of medical test), my brother will have to go to Bangladesh. Am I right?

Roy

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011