+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Complex situation

Discussion in 'Canadian Labour Legislation' started by canada90good, Apr 10, 2019.

  1. Hi, my friend’s situation is little complicated. She came as a caregiver for an elderly person few months ago on an closed 2 years work permit. Now that person is deceased. What should she do now? Can she get open work permit? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
  2. No - unfortunately she does not qualify for an open work permit. She can remain in Canada and look for a new job. However she cannot work for a new employer until she gets a new closed work permit. To get a new closed work permit, she needs a new job offer and her new employer must obtain an approved LMIA.

Share This Page