+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Complex Situation - Visit Visa

Reddude19

Feb 13, 2016
So here is the situation. I am separated for the past 7 months , I met someone who lives abroad in Tunisia , I have visited them a couple of times. Our divorce will not be final until 5 months , and then I plan on getting married in Tunisia . She is 26 years old . I am unable to sponsor her as I sponsored my previous wife of 10 years , and I wont be able to sponsor a new wife until 2021 .

So once we get married , Id like her to come and visit and find a job here and be on a work permit until I am able to sponsor her. What is the best way to do this?

1) Should she apply as a TRV , come on a TRV find a job , and then once I am able to sponsor her I will. I can mention on the invitation letter that I am interested in sponsoring her.

2) She can apply as a visitor to visit a friend , and I can send an invitation letter saying I will cover the costs of living and expenses during her visit , that is before we get married , and if she finds a job she can work here .

She currently has strong ties in Tunisia , and has a job , so I am not sure what to do ?

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
So here is the situation. I am separated for the past 7 months , I met someone who lives abroad in Tunisia , I have visited them a couple of times. Our divorce will not be final until 5 months , and then I plan on getting married in Tunisia . She is 26 years old . I am unable to sponsor her as I sponsored my previous wife of 10 years , and I wont be able to sponsor a new wife until 2021 .

So once we get married , Id like her to come and visit and find a job here and be on a work permit until I am able to sponsor her. What is the best way to do this?

1) Should she apply as a TRV , come on a TRV find a job , and then once I am able to sponsor her I will. I can mention on the invitation letter that I am interested in sponsoring her.

2) She can apply as a visitor to visit a friend , and I can send an invitation letter saying I will cover the costs of living and expenses during her visit , that is before we get married , and if she finds a job she can work here .

She currently has strong ties in Tunisia , and has a job , so I am not sure what to do ?

Thanks
1) She can apply for a TRV, however the chances that TRV will be refused are high given she has a spouse in Canada and even before you are married given she is young and single. She will need to demonstrate very strong ties to her home country (property, assets, job), show she has enough funds on her own to cover all of the costs of her trip and also demonstrate that she has previous travel to countries requiring visas such as the US or UK. If she is able to get a TRV approved and come to Canada, you should assume the chances of obtaining a work permit are extremely low. To do this, she will need to secure a job offer from a Canadian employer and that employer will need to obtain an approved LMIA.
2) She can do that but will still have to declare that she has a Canadian spouse. She should show that she can fund the cost of the trip herself rather than relying on a friend in Canada. If she cannot show that she has sufficient funds to pay for the trip and her expenses in Canada, that will be another reason that will significantly increase the chances of refusal. As said above, the chances of obtaining a work permit are extremely low.

Reddude19

Feb 13, 2016
Well she has several visit visas to Italy , France and Spain. I was born in Canada , and I was born here and I lived here most of my life.

So what happens if she has money in her account to fund the trip , and also , she can prove she has travelled to those countries in the past 5 years , and that she has a job in Tunisia , and her parents are there , and family .

If she comes here on a TRV , and we get married in Canada is that permissible ?

Please let me know.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Well she has several visit visas to Italy , France and Spain. I was born in Canada , and I was born here and I lived here most of my life.

So what happens if she has money in her account to fund the trip , and also , she can prove she has travelled to those countries in the past 5 years , and that she has a job in Tunisia , and her parents are there , and family .

If she comes here on a TRV , and we get married in Canada is that permissible ?

Please let me know.
OK - that is good that she has travel to several countries. Where you were born and have lived isn't material. She is the one who needs to be approved for the TRV.

If she can get a TRV approved, then you can certainly marry her in Canada. However you won't be able to sponsor her until the 5 years have passed.

You should assume it will be extremely difficult for her to get a work permit since the vast majority of employers are unwilling to go through the LMIA process. She most likely will have to stay in Canada as a visitor (without working) and continue to extend her visitor status. Keep in mind that she will not be covered by the health care system - make sure you take out insurance to cover emergencies.

Reactions: Copingwithlife

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You mention that your wife lives in Tunisia but it doesn’t seem like she may be Tunisian. What is her nationality? That will certainly play into the TRV. If she is living in a country that is not her own that will make getting a TRV harder because she can’t prove strong ties to her home country. If she is Syrian like your previous wife her chances of approval will be very low.

Reactions: k.h.p.

Reddude19

Feb 13, 2016
You mention that your wife lives in Tunisia but it doesn’t seem like she may be Tunisian. What is her nationality? That will certainly play into the TRV. If she is living in a country that is not her own that will make getting a TRV harder because she can’t prove strong ties to her home country. If she is Syrian like your previous wife her chances of approval will be very low.

No she is a resident of Tunisia and she has a Tunisian passport. But my previous wife was Syrian and living in Qatar , and she got her visit visa within a month.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No she is a resident of Tunisia and she has a Tunisian passport. But my previous wife was Syrian and living in Qatar , and she got her visit visa within a month.
If she is only a resident of Tunisia then she wouldn’t have a passport. Do you mean she is a citizen. Highly unusual for your previous wife to get a TRV so fast unless she got the visa before 2015/16 where there was a huge influx of Syrian refugees around the world.

Reddude19

Feb 13, 2016
OK - that is good that she has travel to several countries. Where you were born and have lived isn't material. She is the one who needs to be approved for the TRV.

If she can get a TRV approved, then you can certainly marry her in Canada. However you won't be able to sponsor her until the 5 years have passed.

You should assume it will be extremely difficult for her to get a work permit since the vast majority of employers are unwilling to go through the LMIA process. She most likely will have to stay in Canada as a visitor (without working) and continue to extend her visitor status. Keep in mind that she will not be covered by the health care system - make sure you take out insurance to cover emergencies.

Thanks for your response. The issue is
If she is only a resident of Tunisia then she wouldn’t have a passport. Do you mean she is a citizen. Highly unusual for your previous wife to get a TRV so fast unless she got the visa before 2015/16 where there was a huge influx of Syrian refugees around the world.

She is a citizen she was born there.. She had a Tunisian passport and as I mentioned has around 6
To 7 visit visas to France Spain and Italy. The previous wife did get it it took around 1 month or so to get it. It was back in 2016. I am surprised she got it approved on the first try.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for your response. The issue is

She is a citizen she was born there.. She had a Tunisian passport and as I mentioned has around 6
To 7 visit visas to France Spain and Italy. The previous wife did get it it took around 1 month or so to get it. It was back in 2016. I am surprised she got it approved on the first try.
I
Has she visited any of the European countries in the past 5 years? If so she may get a TRV is she is also working or has other strong ties. There are sometime TRV approvals that don’t make a lot of sense like your first wife.