16-05-2013
Passport Req..
21-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
7-04-2014
LANDED..........
10-05-2014
Hello,
A family of 3 had their regular hearing (but the case is complex), after 3 hours of hearing they scheduled them for another hearing after a month, not sure if they will speak or their lawyer will (I think it is a lawyer hearing?! Is there a such a thing?)
I appreciate if anyone has an experience and tell me kind of what to expect on the 2nd hearing day.
Thanks.

OFC632

Star Member
Feb 2, 2023
Hello,
A family of 3 had their regular hearing (but the case is complex), after 3 hours of hearing they scheduled them for another hearing after a month, not sure if they will speak or their lawyer will (I think it is a lawyer hearing?! Is there a such a thing?)
I appreciate if anyone has an experience and tell me kind of what to expect on the 2nd hearing day.
Thanks.
Its not common. Usually they decide on first hearing. In which province you have case and your country of origin?
Why the case is complex ? Did they tell you that?

Reactions: canuck78

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hello,
Thanks.
Family and their lawyer are in better position since they attended first hearing and have an idea of how it was and why it was long

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,
Thanks.
Hearing will likely continue with the questioning. There may have been concerns that the member has asked to be further addressed or more evidence provided. Minister could be involved as well we don’t know. Really depends on why the situation is complex. Had they been living in another safe country for a long period of time? Had they tried to relocate within their home country? What is their home country (is it a country where there has been a large number of people currently fleeing?) and what are their grounds for asylum?