+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Completion of a college-level certificate (one year) and bachelor's degree (three years)

rizwanrenesa2

Feb 15, 2018
I am so confused with this express entry application. Below are my credentials:

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Completion of a college-level certificate (one year) and bachelor's
degree (three years)

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS
Name on Credential:
Credential Authentication:
Credential:
Year:
Awarded By:
Major/Specialization
Documents were sent directly by the institution
New Zealand
Diploma (Level 5)
Auckland Institute of Studies
Recognized Program
Information Technology
Canadian Equivalency: Completion of a college-level certificate (one year)

Name on Credential:
Credential:
Year:
Awarded By:
Major/Specialization:
New Zealand
Bachelor Degree
Unitec Institute of Technology
Recognized Institution
Computing Systems
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (three years)

I completed my Diploma in 2011 and had the whole year cross credited to my Bachelors, which then reduced it to a two degree program.
Obviously at the end of the day, they are still two different courses and when you put them in the form, they come up with higher points than just bachelors.

My question is what do I put in "You must enter the number of full academic years you completed, supported by a final transcript" for my bachelors.Obviosuly if I did not get cross credit I would not have been able to finish it in two years, its a 3 year program after all. Do I follow WES evaluation and have 3 years in that field?

Last edited:

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017

degree (three years)

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS
Name on Credential:
Credential:
Year:
Awarded By:
Major/Specialization
New Zealand
Diploma (Level 5)
Recognized Program
Information Technology

Name on Credential:
Credential:
Year:
Awarded By:
Major/Specialization:
New Zealand
Bachelor Degree
Recognized Institution
Computing Systems

I completed my Diploma in 2011 and had the whole year cross credited to my Bachelors, which then reduced it to a two degree program.
Obviously at the end of the day, they are still two different courses and when you put them in the form, they come up with higher points than just bachelors.

My question is what do I put in "You must enter the number of full academic years you completed, supported by a final transcript" for my bachelors.Obviosuly if I did not get cross credit I would not have been able to finish it in two years, its a 3 year program after all. Do I follow WES evaluation and have 3 years in that field?
You should follow your actual degree certificates and ECA report. If your transcript says it is a 3 years degree then you put three years even though your course dates may be lesser than 3 years. You will see in your transcript it says you were exempted for 1st year and given credits for prior learning. That means you have fulfilled the conditions for that year also. So your course duration would be 3 years and level of education would be bachelors degree 3 years.

Similarly you should put actual details of your level 5 diploma. level of education according to ECA would be "1 year diploma, degree, certificate".
Good Luck!

Vineet Laroia

Aug 6, 2018
Hi Guys!!! New here....got my WES assessment tdy... Summary says : Bachelor's degree( 3 years)... However one other credential assessed as Canadian college level certificate ( 1 year).... However same is not mentioned in the Summary on the top....can I claim points for " 2 or more degrees certificate....."...TIA...Vineet.

Ron_3110

Apr 28, 2021
Hi Guys!!! New here....got my WES assessment tdy... Summary says : Bachelor's degree( 3 years)... However one other credential assessed as Canadian college level certificate ( 1 year).... However same is not mentioned in the Summary on the top....can I claim points for " 2 or more degrees certificate....."...TIA...Vineet.

I have the exact same issue with Australian Diploma pathway to Bachelor degree (3 years), what did you end up choosing in your express entry profile?

Ron_3110

Apr 28, 2021

degree (three years)

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS
Name on Credential:
Credential:
Year:
Awarded By:
Major/Specialization
New Zealand
Diploma (Level 5)
Recognized Program
Information Technology

Name on Credential:
Credential:
Year:
Awarded By:
Major/Specialization:
New Zealand
Bachelor Degree
Recognized Institution
Computing Systems

Did you do your ECA from WES?