+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Completed Soft Landing at Peace Bridge [24 February 2021]

mnsan81

Feb 28, 2021
Hi All,
I went to validate COPR at peace bridge on 3/6 and was asked to quarantine, no U turn allowed. Soft landing isn't a problem if you can quarantine. I had to come back on 4th day of quarantine because my kid got an ear infection. I called covid hotline, they said I can leave if I keep quarantined in car and am not exposed to any Canadian.

Read section 8 on this link:
https://orders-in-council.canada.ca/attachment.php?attach=39482&lang=en

Used AVR while coming back. I 94 doesn't change. It's treated as if you never left the country. Just a stamp in passport.

I am worried if officers will go to my place of quarantine (Airbnb) and don't find me, will they just report me. Anyone getting calls after they made the u-turn?
Hi @adityacs007 , Please let me know what is AVR ? how does not impact I94.

Thanks,
MN

adityacs007

Star Member
Jun 13, 2019
Also Could you please share your experience in detail with the conversations as it would be of a great help.
Full Experience:
The officer at the first booth asked me if I will be returning back to US, I said yes. He seemed fine and sent me in doors to get COPR validated. The officer inside was very polite but told me that I can either quarantine or go back without landing. He was very nice and apologetic but firm. I told him quarantine with a kid is difficult but nope.

On day 3 I came back to US. On day 5, (5 mins back) I got a call for quarantine screening and explained my situation. They said it's totally fine.

I would suggest don't panic if you are asked to quarantine. Just say ok and still take the u turn. Answer your quarantine call and tell them that you just went back. Everything is chill.

It's legal to leave. You aren't a danger anymore. Click on without symptoms and leave Canada links within this:
https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/isolation

Last edited:

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
Full Experience:
The officer at the first booth asked me if I will be returning back to US, I said yes. He seemed fine and sent me in doors to get COPR validated. The officer inside was very polite but told me that I can either quarantine or go back without landing. He was very nice and apologetic but firm. I told him quarantine with a kid is difficult but nope.

On day 3 I came back to US. On day 5, (5 mins back) I got a call for quarantine screening and explained my situation. They said it's totally fine.

I would suggest don't panic if you are asked to quarantine. Just say ok and still take the u turn. Answer your quarantine call and tell them that you just went back. Everything is chill.
I wouldnt recommend this to anyone, no one knows the consequences of these actions. A hefty fine may incur in future.

adityacs007

Star Member
Jun 13, 2019
No. I didn't. I believe CBSA might have made it stricter as it's getting close to Spring Break.
Did officer take any pictures for PR card? In another thread, I think for in land people they mentioned some kind of pictures taken. Nothing of this sort happened with me.

arputh

Feb 21, 2021
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Did officer take any pictures for PR card? In another thread, I think for in land people they mentioned some kind of pictures taken. Nothing of this sort happened with me.
Sorry for the delay. No, they did not take any pictures. Took the CoPR copy containing photo and gave back the other copy. They asked me if I'll be staying in same US address for couple of weeks and I said yes. He said they'll mail my PR to US address. I asked him again and mentioned that I've my friend's Canadian address but he said they can only mail it to me. When I researched, everywhere it's mentioned that PR card WILL NOT be mailed outside Canada. I tried the online address notification portal to update my address to Canadian one but when I fill the credential, it says they couldn't find my application!

siddsin

Star Member
Sep 27, 2019
Full Experience:

It's legal to leave. You aren't a danger anymore. Click on without symptoms and leave Canada links within this:
https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/isolation
So they gave you the option to go back and did not force the quarantine on you. They just said if you go back, then no landing today.

Is my interpretation correct?