+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Completed my part time MBA in Human Resource

Since1947

Feb 16, 2018
Hi,

I have recently completed my part time MBA in Human Resource from a recognized college. My MBA was a three years course and this college is affiliated with Mumbai University. Also I have experience of three years.

So my concern is that I have heard from my friend about LMIA. And according to him LMIA is a document that an employer in Canada may need to get before hiring a foreign worker. So with my part time MBA degree, what are my chances that it will be considered as valid education degree.

Regards

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
There's pretty much zero chance you'll be able to get a job in Canada as a foreign worker. You should instead focus on immigrating by applying for PR.

Since1947

Feb 16, 2018
There's pretty much zero chance you'll be able to get a job in Canada as a foreign worker. You should instead focus on immigrating by applying for PR.
Thank you for the reply.

So you are saying with my part time MBA degree in HR i have zero chances of getting LMIA from employer. Please can you tell me the reason. Or my part time MBA has zero value for any Canadian employer.

Last edited:

artificial.nocturne

Jan 25, 2018
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Thank you for the reply.

So you are saying with my part time MBA degree in HR i have zero chances of getting LMIA from employer. Please can you tell me the reason. Or my part time MBA has zero value for any Canadian employer.
It is not that, that your MBA has zero value , it is just that getting an LMIA or job offer from an employer in Canada is really tough, many people (regardless of work field) apply thousands of time and even then are not able to secure an LMIA due to the tough job market and also due to extensive restrictions set on businesses and organizations by the Canadian government. Another downside is that it may take a very long time until you are able to secure a LMIA, during that time there's a high possibility that immigration laws may also be changed as they are always constantly adding new rules or making changes to the existing ones. Therefore it is best that you first calculate your score(for Express Entry) through CRS calculator and then see where you stand, if you have a CRS score (judging from the current trend) of 440 plus then there is a high chance you will be given an ITA in the next round. You will get maximum/good score for holding a masters degree(considering it is equivalent to Canadian masters in ECA report) so that will work in your favor. Other factors that will effect your CRS score is your age, status and of course IELTS score(the IELTS score can make a huge difference especially if you end up getting LRSW 8777). You will also get 15 points more for having a blood-relative(Father, Mother or Sibling) in Canada. All the best!

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for the reply.

The reality is that most Canadian companies would prefer someone with Canadian experience with a degree they are familiar with. Employers would also consider employees from well known US companies that have attended recognizable schools. Similar situation for UK and Australia. The LMIA process is labour intensive, very long and the employer has to pay at least $1000. Doesn't usually make sense for the employer or the applicant to wait for months to fill a job especially because at the end the LMIA or the work visa could be denied.. There are also plenty of good candidates in Canada so the government would prefer companies hire Canadian citizens. The only time there is international search for job is for very specialized positions or for high level management positions. I agree that the best way to get a job is to immigrate although your MBA may not be viewed the same as a Canadian MBA by potential employers.

Since1947

Feb 16, 2018
Thank you guys for making me understand that securing LMIA is very tough in job market and also due to extensive restrictions set on businesses and organizations by the Canadian government.
As per instructor i took the CRS calculation and scored 372 points and so this indicates that i wont eligible for express entry. Also i have given my IELTS exam in Nov 2017 and scored overall 6.5 band.

So please with yours experience and knowledge who can i increase my CRS score and what are the other way through which i can immigrate to Canada.

Since1947

Feb 16, 2018
Is there a way to know what's the current success rate of LMIA or what's the refusal rate for LMIA against success rate.