+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Complete Guide how to get PCC from Bangalore PSK Sai Arcade

nerd

Jan 15, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is my experience fresh as of 30Dec2016.

Go to psk website and register.

http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/welcomeLink

Once registered, you can log in and take an "appointment" for PCC.
You *cannot* choose the date or time of the "appointment" so it's kind of a misnomer.
The best way to get a particular date is to check the earliest available date for PCC for the given psk on the above website "appointment availability status" link. That is the date they will assign you. You cannot choose a timeslot though.

Take the printout of the appointment confirmation and collect all docs.
In addition to the original passport (including old booklets if any), you will need xerox of the first two and last two pages. Now for normal people this means the bio pages, but not for the staff at the psk. The new passport booklets that Indian RPO have been issuing have moved the bio pages to page#3-4. So page#1-2 is blank and ashoka emblem (people who have new indian passports will know what i mean). Now a logical person will realize a xerox of these pages is useless. But not for the Indian public servants! They sent me back to get these two pages Xeroxed. So guys, please carry the xeroxes of page#1-2 in addition to the bio pages.

In case your current address is the same as the one given in the passport, technically you do not need any other address proof. But I carried some anyways just to be safe. You can take xeroxes of aadhar, DL, recent gas bill etc.

They will ask you for proof why you need PCC for Canada. I showed the nomination letter received from Ontario. Else you can show ITA if you have one already. In my case the letter is in the name of my wife who is the PA. So i carried marriage certificate but it was not required as she is listed as spouse in my passport. If this is not the case for you, carry the marriage certificate.

In addition to all of the above, you need to fill a "PCC request form". They don't mention this anywhere on their website and this form is not available anywhere online. You can get this form for Rs2 at the xerox shop as you enter the psk on your left. Fill it and sign it and you are good to go.

The basic chronology once you arrive at the PSK is something like this:

Go to main entrance --> Show appointment proof to security --> He will ask you to go to token counter X --> Do NOT go to counter X. First turn left and go to xerox shop and take PCC request form. Fill it, sign and then go to counter X (they will send you back if you don't have the PCC form filled). The person at the token counter will scrutinize your docs and arrange them in a file and give you the token along with the file if all is OK.

Then the process is simple.

Go to counters A --> B --> C in that order following prompts for your token number on the display screens.

counter A is for scanning of docs + picture taking + fingerprinting. They will ask for Rs40 for sms service. Pay up (carry change). They will give you a receipt.

counter B is for original documentation verification. In my case as my current address is same as one given in passport, they just checked my passport. If that is not the case for you, expect to be grilled.

counter C is where they issue the PCC. They will take and keep your passport and ask you to wait. The passport goes for a journey to some other desk and comes back with 2 printouts of the PCC + a rubber stamp in the passport that PCC issued for Canada etc.

At every counter they will ask you reason for PCC. Just say Canada immigration. They will also ask if the address in your passport is your "current address". An affirmative response to this question moves the process along swiftly. In case your address is not current, it might lead to a fresh police verification with corresponding delays in PCC issuing.
That's it!
If all goes well, you should get your PCC in hand in 1.5-2.0hrs (that is time from your life that you will never get back!).

The PSK is very crowded and chaotic. Be prepared.

ciao!
nerd.

mathansri

Jan 28, 2018
Bangalore

You *cannot* choose the date or time of the "appointment" so it's kind of a misnomer.
The best way to get a particular date is to check the earliest available date for PCC for the given psk on the above website "appointment availability status" link. That is the date they will assign you. You cannot choose a timeslot though.

In addition to the original passport (including old booklets if any), you will need xerox of the first two and last two pages. Now for normal people this means the bio pages, but not for the staff at the psk. The new passport booklets that Indian RPO have been issuing have moved the bio pages to page#3-4. So page#1-2 is blank and ashoka emblem (people who have new indian passports will know what i mean). Now a logical person will realize a xerox of these pages is useless. But not for the Indian public servants! They sent me back to get these two pages Xeroxed. So guys, please carry the xeroxes of page#1-2 in addition to the bio pages.

In case your current address is the same as the one given in the passport, technically you do not need any other address proof. But I carried some anyways just to be safe. You can take xeroxes of aadhar, DL, recent gas bill etc.

They will ask you for proof why you need PCC for Canada. I showed the nomination letter received from Ontario. Else you can show ITA if you have one already. In my case the letter is in the name of my wife who is the PA. So i carried marriage certificate but it was not required as she is listed as spouse in my passport. If this is not the case for you, carry the marriage certificate.

In addition to all of the above, you need to fill a "PCC request form". They don't mention this anywhere on their website and this form is not available anywhere online. You can get this form for Rs2 at the xerox shop as you enter the psk on your left. Fill it and sign it and you are good to go.

Go to main entrance --> Show appointment proof to security --> He will ask you to go to token counter X --> Do NOT go to counter X. First turn left and go to xerox shop and take PCC request form. Fill it, sign and then go to counter X (they will send you back if you don't have the PCC form filled). The person at the token counter will scrutinize your docs and arrange them in a file and give you the token along with the file if all is OK.

Go to counters A --> B --> C in that order following prompts for your token number on the display screens.

counter A is for scanning of docs + picture taking + fingerprinting. They will ask for Rs40 for sms service. Pay up (carry change). They will give you a receipt.

counter B is for original documentation verification. In my case as my current address is same as one given in passport, they just checked my passport. If that is not the case for you, expect to be grilled.

counter C is where they issue the PCC. They will take and keep your passport and ask you to wait. The passport goes for a journey to some other desk and comes back with 2 printouts of the PCC + a rubber stamp in the passport that PCC issued for Canada etc.

At every counter they will ask you reason for PCC. Just say Canada immigration. They will also ask if the address in your passport is your "current address". An affirmative response to this question moves the process along swiftly. In case your address is not current, it might lead to a fresh police verification with corresponding delays in PCC issuing.
That's it!
If all goes well, you should get your PCC in hand in 1.5-2.0hrs (that is time from your life that you will never get back!).

ciao!
nerd.
Thank you for the detailed write-up buddy. It really helps. :)

rthyagar

Jul 4, 2018

That's it!

ciao!
nerd.
Hi, Question on proof for why we need a PCC for Canada. I have just submitted my express entry. I don't have nomination letter or ITA. At this stage, can I get a PCC if I apply. Please let me know. Thanks

rthyagar

Jul 4, 2018
Hi, Question on proof for why we need a PCC for Canada. I have just submitted my express entry. I don't have nomination letter or ITA. At this stage, can I get a PCC if I apply. Please let me know. Thanks

letsgo_canada

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
Hi,

Can you please advise on below points.
1. Where should the PCC be issued if the address mentioned in the passport is in a different state from the current address? If this is the case then can Adhaar card be considered for current address proof.
2. Can I go ahead and apply for PCC before getting the ITA just to be prepared beforehand to avoid any unforeseen delays in the process?

Really appreciate any inputs.

Thanks