+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Complete college cost when applying to a study permit for a 2-year program?

Jeltsin25

Mar 8, 2021
I am planning to apply for a student permit in Canada. Currently, I'm interested in a 2 year program at a college in Ontario. When I asked to an immigration consultant, he told me that I needed to have at least enough money to cover 1 year of the program + 1 year live expenses; however, when I watched a youtube video, another consultant said that when I apply, I need to prove I have enough money for the complete 2 year program. I currently have the amount for 1 year (college tuition + expenses). Is it true that I need to show to the immigration officer that I have the complete amount of money for the whole program in my application? Or is it possible to apply showing solvency for 1 year?

Abdussalam Khan

Nov 13, 2022
Nowshera, Pakistan
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
11-08-2022
Med's Done....
15-08-2022
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-09-2022
I am planning to apply for a student permit in Canada. Currently, I'm interested in a 2 year program at a college in Ontario. When I asked to an immigration consultant, he told me that I needed to have at least enough money to cover 1 year of the program + 1 year live expenses; however, when I watched a youtube video, another consultant said that when I apply, I need to prove I have enough money for the complete 2 year program. I currently have the amount for 1 year (college tuition + expenses). Is it true that I need to show to the immigration officer that I have the complete amount of money for the whole program in my application? Or is it possible to apply showing solvency for 1 year?
You will need to pay only 1 year fee tuition fee and have your living expenses in GIC account. However, you will need to provide a bank statement or other alternative to show that you are financially stable to pay your 2nd year fee.