+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Complete all names in English and in your native language...

MarkGuy

Star Member
Dec 28, 2009
This instruction has me confused and I speak English natively!!!

Let's say the applicant speaks Spanish and their name is:
Rosa Rodriguez

What would they put in English?

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
MarkGuy said:
This instruction has me confused and I speak English natively!!!

Let's say the applicant speaks Spanish and their name is:
Rosa Rodriguez

What would they put in English?
if your native language has a different alphabet than English then you need to write it. e.g an arabic applicant named "Usman"will write his name عثمان in his native language. if the applicant is Indian and his name is "Gupta" he will write Gupta in his native language (Hindi) like this गुप्ता . A person from Pakistan named Musharaf will write his name in his native language like this: مشرف
So you need only to write your name in your native language if the native language have a different alphabet. and the purpose for asking this is identification, as many countries issue identity documents in their native language.
Rosa Rodriguez in Spanish will be Rosa Rodriguez or Rosa Rodríguez
Hope it clears your confusion

Reactions: nina2704 and longvh

MarkGuy

Star Member
Dec 28, 2009
kriv said:
if your native language has a different alphabet than English then you need to write it. e.g an arabic applicant named "Usman"will write his name عثمان in his native language. if the applicant is Indian and his name is "Gupta" he will write Gupta ...
Excellent! Thanks very much for clearing this up. :)

himanshu dua

Nov 28, 2019
if your native language has a different alphabet than English then you need to write it. e.g an arabic applicant named "Usman"will write his name عثمان in his native language. if the applicant is Indian and his name is "Gupta" he will write Gupta in his native language (Hindi) like this गुप्ता . A person from Pakistan named Musharaf will write his name in his native language like this: مشرف
So you need only to write your name in your native language if the native language have a different alphabet. and the purpose for asking this is identification, as many countries issue identity documents in their native language.
please, do we need to write both the names in native language and english on the same form or two different form?