+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Compassionate entry for travellers

yayita

Nov 13, 2013
Hello, anyone who has applied or is about to apply for Compassionate entry for travellers?

My parents have visitor visas already but they don't qualify as fully vaccinated travellers, they received back home a vaccine that is not listed on the approved list of vaccines in Canada. I want to bring them over to help me with my kid who has 2 medical conditions one of them is a chronic illness. I want to apply for an exception under compassionate entry.

It would be appreciated if some can share through experiences with this program.

Thanks in advance.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello, anyone who has applied or is about to apply for Compassionate entry for travellers?

My parents have visitor visas already but they don't qualify as fully vaccinated travellers, they received back home a vaccine that is not listed on the approved list of vaccines in Canada. I want to bring them over to help me with my kid who has 2 medical conditions one of them is a chronic illness. I want to apply for an exception under compassionate entry.

It would be appreciated if some can share through experiences with this program.

Thanks in advance.
They can travel to Canada but they will need to quarantine for 14 days. They need separate accommodations.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Thanks in advance.
Parents are currently exempt from the vaccine requirement to enter Canada. As previously noted they will need a separate quarantine location. A basement with a bathroom is usually an option but an Airbnb is probably best if your have a medically vulnerable child.

yayita

Nov 13, 2013
Parents are currently exempt from the vaccine requirement to enter Canada. As previously noted they will need a separate quarantine location. A basement with a bathroom is usually an option but an Airbnb is probably best if your have a medically vulnerable child.
Hey do you have any link where I can info that info explaining that parents are exempted?