+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Company tradename(commercial name) in employment history

midstbonfire

Feb 24, 2024
Hi,

I received approvals on my previous IRCC applications such as worker visa, TRV, work permit extension. My representative at the time, used tradenames(commercial names) of my previous employers in forms instead of long legal name, except the one that I have been actively working while making the application. I share two examples below:

Tradename Example:
Blue Bread
Legal Name Example: Blue Baking Goods Incorporated

Tradename Example: Wearne Studio
Legal Name Example: Lettuce Advertisement Limited Company

Right now, I'm heading towards Express Entry process and I'm using some of my employment history to claim points. I'm gathering documents for it and I see that the stamp on "verification of employment" letters has a long legal name instead of the one that I've used in my previous applications.

So I'm seeking recommendations;
- What type of names to use in Express Entry work history while both claiming points and entering personal history?
- How to explain the name difference between previous applications if I start using legal business names for those which I haven't before?
- If I start using legal business names to claim points; there are also some work experience which I won't claim any points, do I leave them as they were since I don't have verification letter for those?

Thanks in advance.