+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Company closed and file Bankruptcy - How to get experience letter

Pranay Kumar

Apr 18, 2021
Hi All,

I have an urgent query. I am from India and I used to work in UK for an organization for more than 2.5 yrs and I left the company in 2014. Now, I found that the company has filed bankruptcy in 2019 and all the offices has been shut. I have a contract form and all the salary slips and tax forms with me. Now I need experience letter from them describing my job duties but since all the offices has been shut down, I am unable to provide the proof of experience. Please someone suggest me what to do in this situation to prove my work experience and job duties.

ayeetee

Jun 11, 2020
Hi All,

I have an urgent query. I am from India and I used to work in UK for an organization for more than 2.5 yrs and I left the company in 2014. Now, I found that the company has filed bankruptcy in 2019 and all the offices has been shut. I have a contract form and all the salary slips and tax forms with me. Now I need experience letter from them describing my job duties but since all the offices has been shut down, I am unable to provide the proof of experience. Please someone suggest me what to do in this situation to prove my work experience and job duties.
Are you able to get in touch with your supervisor or one or two colleagues? A letter from them should be able to cover the requirement.

Pranay Kumar

Apr 18, 2021
It's been a long time and I can't find them over internet. Also, their old email id's are not working as well. Stuck in a weird situation. Please suggest if their is any other alternative way to prove my work experience.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
It's been a long time and I can't find them over internet. Also, their old email id's are not working as well. Stuck in a weird situation. Please suggest if their is any other alternative way to prove my work experience.
Provide a Letter of Explanation (LOE) and if the Immigration Officer still isn't convinced then they'd ask for additional documents.

zac0999

Star Member
Jan 9, 2020
Beijing & New Jersey
One of my previous employers went under in 2018. I've attached a ref letter from a senior colleague with his current company letter head, plus my pay slip and a LoE explaining all missing details in ref letter. It worked out fine for my provincial nomination process.

ivicts

Jun 3, 2020
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-04-2023
One of my previous employers went under in 2018. I've attached a ref letter from a senior colleague with his current company letter head, plus my pay slip and a LoE explaining all missing details in ref letter. It worked out fine for my provincial nomination process.
Hi @zac0999, since you put the letter on your (previous) supervisor's current company's letterhead, did you notarize this letter again? or the letterhead is enough in place of notarization?
Did you also submit this letter for the EE system after the PNP nomination?

zac0999

Star Member
Jan 9, 2020
Beijing & New Jersey
Hi @zac0999, since you put the letter on your (previous) supervisor's current company's letterhead, did you notarize this letter again? or the letterhead is enough in place of notarization?
Did you also submit this letter for the EE system after the PNP nomination?
Hi ivicts, no I didn't notarize any letter and I included everything submitted during PNP process to EE. My EE file is 'R10 check complete' so I assume this letter sufficed.

ivicts

Jun 3, 2020
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-04-2023
Hi ivicts, no I didn't notarize any letter and I included everything submitted during PNP process to EE. My EE file is 'R10 check complete' so I assume this letter sufficed.
Hi, @zac0999 thanks for the answer. Did you also submit your supervisor's old company business card? Or something that proves your supervisor worked in your previous company as well? Or you just submit this letter and payslips that's all?

I am not really that familiar with the post-AOR process, but would you need to pass A11.2 stage to be sure that they accept the letter and include the experience in your CRS score?

lostinquebec

Feb 8, 2019
Hi, @zac0999 thanks for the answer. Did you also submit your supervisor's old company business card? Or something that proves your supervisor worked in your previous company as well? Or you just submit this letter and payslips that's all?

I am not really that familiar with the post-AOR process, but would you need to pass A11.2 stage to be sure that they accept the letter and include the experience in your CRS score?
Stage A11.2 only verifies you submitted all the mandatory documentation, but not its content. That will be evaluated later during eligibility stage.

ivicts

Jun 3, 2020
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-04-2023
Stage A11.2 only verifies you submitted all the mandatory documentation, but not its content. That will be evaluated later during eligibility stage.
Hi, so that means when can we know if the document that was submitted for the proof of work experience is enough? Until we pass the eligibility stage?