+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Company address in different city to residential address

hv0917

May 27, 2023
Hello everyone!

I have a question regarding my Express Entry application, and I would really appreciate your insights and opinions on this matter.

I recently submitted my EE (FSW-O) documents and received AOR on 3 May. However, upon reviewing my application, I've started to feel a bit concerned about a specific aspect.

On my experience letter, the letterhead only indicates my company's head office, which happens to be located in a different city than where I currently reside. At the time of submission, I didn't realize that this could potentially be an issue, so I didn't include a letter of explanation. However, I recently came across a Facebook post where someone's application was rejected, and one of the listed reasons caught my attention. Specifically, the officer did some online research and discovered the applicant's company address was in a different city from her residential address. And the officer thought it does not seem reasonable that the applicant would travel such a distance to get to work everyday.

In my case, my company does have an office in the city where I live (let's call it office X). However, it is not the head office and its address is not mentioned on our website's footer. On the other hand, on our careers site, it still clearly shows that we are recruiting new staff to work in office X. I am concerned that if the officer only looks at the letterhead and the website's footer, they might reach the same conclusion and cast doubt on the location, even though my employment is completely genuine.

Should I be worried about this? Has anyone else been in a similar situation or knows someone who has and still got PR?

Would greatly appreciate it if anyone could share their experiences or insights regarding this matter. Any advice or suggestions would be immensely helpful. Thank you!

TL;DR: The company's letterhead and website footer only show the head office's address in city A, whereas I work in another office in city B. The application has already been submitted, so the question is: should I raise a webform to explain, or am I overthinking this?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hello everyone!

I have a question regarding my Express Entry application, and I would really appreciate your insights and opinions on this matter.

I recently submitted my EE (FSW-O) documents and received AOR on 3 May. However, upon reviewing my application, I've started to feel a bit concerned about a specific aspect.

On my experience letter, the letterhead only indicates my company's head office, which happens to be located in a different city than where I currently reside. At the time of submission, I didn't realize that this could potentially be an issue, so I didn't include a letter of explanation. However, I recently came across a Facebook post where someone's application was rejected, and one of the listed reasons caught my attention. Specifically, the officer did some online research and discovered the applicant's company address was in a different city from her residential address. And the officer thought it does not seem reasonable that the applicant would travel such a distance to get to work everyday.

In my case, my company does have an office in the city where I live (let's call it office X). However, it is not the head office and its address is not mentioned on our website's footer. On the other hand, on our careers site, it still clearly shows that we are recruiting new staff to work in office X. I am concerned that if the officer only looks at the letterhead and the website's footer, they might reach the same conclusion and cast doubt on the location, even though my employment is completely genuine.

Should I be worried about this? Has anyone else been in a similar situation or knows someone who has and still got PR?

Would greatly appreciate it if anyone could share their experiences or insights regarding this matter. Any advice or suggestions would be immensely helpful. Thank you!

TL;DR: The company's letterhead and website footer only show the head office's address in city A, whereas I work in another office in city B. The application has already been submitted, so the question is: should I raise a webform to explain, or am I overthinking this?
How about your experience letter? Has it been also issued by head office or the office you work at? It would have been mentioned anywhere like on contract or T4s. In some cases although head office is based in a specific province the franchise have their stamp made to give refrence to employees. If nothing of this is there you can submit it through webform to be on safer side.

Reactions: hv0917

hv0917

May 27, 2023
How about your experience letter? Has it been also issued by head office or the office you work at? It would have been mentioned anywhere like on contract or T4s. In some cases although head office is based in a specific province the franchise have their stamp made to give refrence to employees. If nothing of this is there you can submit it through webform to be on safer side.
Along with my experience letter, I submitted my labor contract, which unfortunately also had the head office's address in the letterhead. I'm actually an outland candidate (never been to Canada) so there's no such thing as T4s.

My eligibility on tracker has just recently changed status from Not started to In progress. I'm just afraid by the time an officer opens my webform and links it to my application, eligibility might have already been completed. But thanks for the input though. Really appreciate it! Doesn't hurt to try so I might as well send a webform as you suggested.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Along with my experience letter, I submitted my labor contract, which unfortunately also had the head office's address in the letterhead. I'm actually an outland candidate (never been to Canada) so there's no such thing as T4s.

My eligibility on tracker has just recently changed status from Not started to In progress. I'm just afraid by the time an officer opens my webform and links it to my application, eligibility might have already been completed. But thanks for the input though. Really appreciate it! Doesn't hurt to try so I might as well send a webform as you suggested.
Does your boss have a stamp made of their local office? Try a letter explaining it.
True. One should try as much as they can. Hard work always pays. All the best.