+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Company acquired twice.. company name on EE profile was not up-to-date and received ITA. Can I change now?

jiki007

Mar 24, 2023
Hello,

I have some tricky situations regarding my employment. I recently received an ITA under the FSW category.

So I worked at this company (let's say company A) for 4 years and left in 2018.

In 2020, it's acquired and changed its business name to company B. I heard about the news, so I was aware of the name change.

In 2022, I enrolled my EE profile with this information. In the employment section, I wrote the company name as company B.

Last week, I received an ITA. While I was gathering documents, I found that the company was acquired again in November 2022 and changed its business name to company C.

I logged in to the IRCC web to see if I can change the company name and it looks like I can update the information. I am just not sure if I (as a candidate) am allowed to change the company name after receiving an ITA.

I already received a letter from company C explaining two acquisitions and name changes. Also, I received an employment reference letter that explains my employment details, job description, and responsibilities by company C.

Is it okay if I change the company name from company B to company C in my EE profile now (after receiving an ITA)?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hello,

I have some tricky situations regarding my employment. I recently received an ITA under the FSW category.

In 2020, it's acquired and changed its business name to company B. I heard about the news, so I was aware of the name change.

In 2022, I enrolled my EE profile with this information. In the employment section, I wrote the company name as company B.

Last week, I received an ITA. While I was gathering documents, I found that the company was acquired again in November 2022 and changed its business name to company C.

I logged in to the IRCC web to see if I can change the company name and it looks like I can update the information. I am just not sure if I (as a candidate) am allowed to change the company name after receiving an ITA.

I already received a letter from company C explaining two acquisitions and name changes. Also, I received an employment reference letter that explains my employment details, job description, and responsibilities by company C.

Is it okay if I change the company name from company B to company C in my EE profile now (after receiving an ITA)?
Happened with my employer too. In the reference letter I had them put "ACME Inc, (previously know as ACME2 Inc between 2016-2020 and ACME3 Inc...) to state this. It worked for me. Because my payslips had both ACME3 and ACME2 Inc in it, I thought it is best to get it done in that way.

You should wait for others to respond here as to gain collective wisdom.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hello,

Had a similar experience. I worked for company A which took over company B after I left. They renamed company A after this. However in application, I mentioned name of company A ( which was mentioned in my offer letter and experience letter). My roles and responsibilities (reference letter) was however printed with renamed company A name. I explained in LOE why there is name difference. Worked for me.

Again, your case might be different. So suggest you make a due diligence and take decision accordingly.

Reactions: Pdm_ca