+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Communist Youth League of China ?!!! (Any Chinese Applicant Here?!!! SOS!!!!)

mikko008

Feb 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-OCT-2016
Doc's Request.
4-NOV-2016
Nomination.....
10-NOV-2016
AOR Received.
13-APR-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
01-03-2018
Med's Done....
05-03-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet (Inland Applicant)
I wouldn't worry about it at all. I'm sure you have applied PGWP or Study permit before and these personal history/statutory questions were there as well. Did you mention this? Nobody would. To further assure you, I have several Chinese friends who have successfully immigrated to Canada already and none of them mentioned this in the application form because no one even remember that they used to be a league member. And the Immigration officers wouldn't give it a damn about it, in fact, no one would really dig your personal history into this level of details because they are not paid to do these kinda extra works.

--from a ICCRC student

mikko008

Feb 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-OCT-2016
Doc's Request.
4-NOV-2016
Nomination.....
10-NOV-2016
AOR Received.
13-APR-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
01-03-2018
Med's Done....
05-03-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Ohhh check this out! You shoudl be 100% worry free now!

http://www.gov.cn/test/2005-06/28/content_10290.htm (The very last paragraph in Chapter 1)

Cheers

wenfeizh

Feb 10, 2016
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ImmiToCanada said:
Hey,

I'm also an applicant from China (Inland FSW). I did not mention I was a Communist Youth League when I submit my application, because I saw that the personal history was only required for the time after 18 or last 10 years. In my situation, I quit Communist Youth League before I was 18, since I didn't pay the membership fees for a long time and therefore triggered the auto-exit conditions.

Later when CIC requested me to submit a schedule 4, I did admit that I was a member of Communist Youth League. I also mentioned the time that I exit Communist Youth League in Schedule 4.

Hello There!

the problem with me is I dont even know if I am still considered a member or not...LOL

What is schedule 4?

wenfeizh

Feb 10, 2016
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
snake3276120 said:
Damn,

I'm Chinese, and I almost forgot I was also one of the youth league until I saw your post.

I remember if you don't pay for the fee for how many months, you are treated as resigned. I didn't read through your post, but do ask your question on YorkBBS, people should have more experience there dealing with the Chinese cases.

no i have never been to YorkBBS, will go take a look thanks :)

btw have you applied for your PR already?

wenfeizh

Feb 10, 2016
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mikko008 said:
I wouldn't worry about it at all. I'm sure you have applied PGWP or Study permit before and these personal history/statutory questions were there as well. Did you mention this? Nobody would. To further assure you, I have several Chinese friends who have successfully immigrated to Canada already and none of them mentioned this in the application form because no one even remember that they used to be a league member. And the Immigration officers wouldn't give it a damn about it, in fact, no one would really dig your personal history into this level of details because they are not paid to do these kinda extra works.

--from a ICCRC student
I dont really remember if I claimed my Youth Member status when I was applying for Visa/Study Permit/PGWP to be very honest with you but I probably didnt lol

wenfeizh

Feb 10, 2016
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mikko008 said:
Ohhh check this out! You shoudl be 100% worry free now!

http://www.gov.cn/test/2005-06/28/content_10290.htm (The very last paragraph in Chapter 1)

Cheers
Thanks for sharing this! But I am not 28 yet LOL (will be this October but I will apply before that)

I actually havent paid the member fees for a long time, I dont even remember when was the last time I paid my fees

mikko008

Feb 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-OCT-2016
Doc's Request.
4-NOV-2016
Nomination.....
10-NOV-2016
AOR Received.
13-APR-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
01-03-2018
Med's Done....
05-03-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
wenfeizh said:
Thanks for sharing this! But I am not 28 yet LOL (will be this October but I will apply before that)

I actually havent paid the member fees for a long time, I dont even remember when was the last time I paid my fees
I think it states clearly that if you haven't paid the fee for over 6 months, you would be kicked out lol.

snake3276120

Star Member
Mar 17, 2016
Mississauga, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
2133/2173
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
09-09-2016
wenfeizh said:
no i have never been to YorkBBS, will go take a look thanks :)

btw have you applied for your PR already?
I missed CEC on 2014, now have to wait for OINP......

snake3276120

Star Member
Mar 17, 2016
Mississauga, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
2133/2173
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
09-09-2016
wenfeizh said:
good luck!!!
Thanks... how do you get 468 btw, I have U of T degree, L8 R8.5 W6.5 S7.5 IELTS score and 2+ years work exp, I only got 443

wenfeizh

Feb 10, 2016
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
snake3276120 said:
Thanks... how do you get 468 btw, I have U of T degree, L8 R8.5 W6.5 S7.5 IELTS score and 2+ years work exp, I only got 443

i got maximum in age, and CLB10 in L, S, R, CLB9 in W. 1 year Canadian experience, and a M.ED degree

wenfeizh

Feb 10, 2016
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
snake3276120 said:
Ok, you have better degree and ielts... good
Keep working on your IELTS, it will increase your points significantly :)

Try to get CLB 10 for R and L, you Speaking is already CLB 10 so thats good. Writing is the most difficult (for me). But even 0.5 more can get you more points

HRGUY

Mar 16, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I understand your frustration and confusion as a Chinese, . I went through EE and got my PR recently, I don't recall I had to specifically mention the Youth League, nor I was asked about that by CIC. I don't want to speculate anything, but my Guess is that you don't have to specify to much in detail if you are not a member of the official party. Hope that helps.

(One more thing, as Chinese, can I say it is a bit unpleasant to see you describe the league as stupid. I know you did not mean to harm or degrade anyone, but this is still a public form that open to people around the world. We should be more considerate when we use our words ;))

benzylamine

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
never mentioned that in my file. actually, I forgot i was in that organization before either. so i think that would not be the issue coz i just got my COPR. good luck. ;D