+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Communication Received

mrJason

Star Member
Sep 24, 2008
I received a letter from CIC in London asking me if I still wanted to proceed with my application.

I have had my AOR since June last year and this is the only communication I have had from them since then.

I am confused as they said if i wish to continue then do nothing. If i want to cancel my application to write a letter within 60 days.

1st of all if i wanted to cancel i would have notified them.

Is this just a time wasting ploy on their behalf to give them another 60 days.

Does anyone have experience of this. Is this a good or bad sign.

By the way CIC London are useless aint they?

ocanada

Star Member
Apr 29, 2008
i received the same n said i dont want to withdraw my application.
they are,as u said rightly, utter useless.

Neole

Sep 24, 2008
Ive received the same after around one year of application. Dont think its anything of consequence. Any idea if the average processing time mentioned on the site starts from now or from the date o application?

mrJason

Star Member
Sep 24, 2008
Neole said:
Ive received the same after around one year of application. Dont think its anything of consequence. Any idea if the average processing time mentioned on the site starts from now or from the date o application?
Yeah i received mine just after a year. I think they are ridiculous. They will now not touch our files for 60 days as they are awaiting our response. Thats another 2 months. Canada making out they want immigrants to come over. It sure does not feel that way.

I wonder if it is now 5 year wait from now?

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP!!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The average processing time is from the date of application but if you want to come over faster, you can always try to get a job and go for a temporary work permit. The skilled worker application is really the slowest thing they have plus it doesn't make you get a job before you come. Some people find themselves picking a nice location to settle down, then find out after they are settled that they can't get a job in their field where they decided to live. If you have to make an attempt to get a job first, you have to at least see what your opportunities are and in what areas they are before you settle.