+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Commow-Law

zkhan36

Apr 5, 2019
But if 2 international student are on a study permit why do they want to risk the situation and apply for a SOWP. When they cannot sponsor each other anyway.so they may aswell finish school.i read it somewhere that its hard to do that

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
But if 2 international student are on a study permit why do they want to risk the situation and apply for a SOWP. When they cannot sponsor each other anyway.so they may aswell finish school.i read it somewhere that its hard to do that
There is no risk. If the work permit is refused, the study permit remains valid and they continue on as they are.

ahnaftahmidatb

Jan 14, 2019
Working and applying for PNP may not result in any tuition saving for your partner. That can be a relatively long process. All depends on how fast you get nominated and processed. If you get PR you own tuition will be much less expensive.
But when I apply for PR, I can include her right? Since she will be my common-law partner. I can do that right?

zkhan36

Apr 5, 2019
Spouses of international students aren't guaranteed sowp so you are taking a risk. You lose your study permit if you have been approved or denied.
Why is it not a guanteed if all requirements are met?
1.Does the couple have to have a savings?.if yes how much?.
2.can they both work or does one partner have to be in school..full or parttime student?
3.How long do they have to co.habit?

ahnaftahmidatb

Jan 14, 2019
Why is it not a guanteed if all requirements are met?
1.Does the couple have to have a savings?.if yes how much?.
2.can they both work or does one partner have to be in school..full or parttime student?
3.How long do they have to co.habit?
1. I do not think you need savings.
2. One of them has to work, one of them has to be in school (full time)
3. For 1 year.