+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Common-Law sponsporship proofs: how?

Kahisys

Star Member
Nov 2, 2015
Greetings.

I am about to send my application for commow-law sponsorship and have a few questions concerning the proofs of relationship:

- Do I send photocopies of letters from my family as a proof of living at the same address?
- When it comes to pictures, how many would be needed? Photocopies are okay? We aren't a couple that took many pictures.
- Is it possible to send video proofs? If so, how?

Thanks in advance for your help.

nightriderx

Dec 4, 2016
Good evening. are you using OLD or NEW forms?

no offence, Your questions scared me a little because the info is written clearly in the form IMM5589 and guides.

I think you need to read info as much as possible

link for the news form
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp

Q1 Yes
Q2 20 for new form
Q3 impossible to send video

Louman64

Sep 22, 2016
scarborough toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
10-04-2019
Doc's Request.
No news yet
Kahisys said:
Greetings.

I am about to send my application for commow-law sponsorship and have a few questions concerning the proofs of relationship:

- Do I send photocopies of letters from my family as a proof of living at the same address?
- When it comes to pictures, how many would be needed? Photocopies are okay? We aren't a couple that took many pictures.

I am also sponsoring through common law ...I enclosed notarized letters from friends stating how they know our relationship and for how long
they have known us as a couple

Stevin

Feb 18, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
31-08-2016
File Transfer...
09-09-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront - PASSED
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
23/01/2017 Sent: 24/01/2017 via Xpress Post
Kahisys said:
Greetings.

I sponsored my common law partner we provided:
- Printed pictures from our computer showing us vacationing together, pics that also included us with other family members (e.g. My kids)
- letter from the bank showing that we share a bank acct, and date it was established
- copy of our power bill with his name on it as well as mine
- proof of incoming mail from his bank in the US addressed to him at our address
- letters from family that showed support if our relationship
- proof of being a beneficiary for my work benefits

I think that was about it.

Oh and I sent flight itineraries from when I would go visit him.

Yup. That's about it. Good luck.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
I hope you mean you are about to look at the application, not send it in, because that information is in the first checklist form.

Kahisys

Star Member
Nov 2, 2015
Oh my god I filled my papers way back in September and now they issued new forms...
Thanks for your answers. Gosh, they ask really ridiculous informations for the pictures. How are we supposed to remember everything?

And there are questions that are kind of confusing me in the document checklist. I currently live with my partner, but we are doing an outland application so it processes faster. Do I still much say that I'm living with my partner or say I live in my country of origin?

I also already did my medical examination, but I'm not exactly sure what they're asking me to provide as proof. What exactly is it?

Another thing is they ask the following:

We don't depend financially on each other since I don't have any sort of work permit (and since I don't have a mean to get a social security number, I can't get a bank account), and we're not spouses, just a normal basic couple? What are we supposed to provide here?

I'm sorry for bombarding everyone with questions, it's just that I've been trying to get this application sent since August and I'm growing tired.

nightriderx

Dec 4, 2016
Kahisys said:
Oh my god I filled my papers way back in September and now they issued new forms...
Thanks for your answers. Gosh, they ask really ridiculous informations for the pictures. How are we supposed to remember everything?

And there are questions that are kind of confusing me in the document checklist. I currently live with my partner, but we are doing an outland application so it processes faster. Do I still much say that I'm living with my partner or say I live in my country of origin?

I also already did my medical examination, but I'm not exactly sure what they're asking me to provide as proof. What exactly is it?

I think you can still use old form until 31 january 2017 ( don't quote me on this )

I personally redone everything. New form is better.
We don't depend financially on each other since I don't have any sort of work permit (and since I don't have a mean to get a social security number, I can't get a bank account), and we're not spouses, just a normal basic couple? What are we supposed to provide here?

I'm sorry for bombarding everyone with questions, it's just that I've been trying to get this application sent since August and I'm growing tired.

Kahisys

Star Member
Nov 2, 2015
I'm most likely not gonna risk it and use the new one (I wouldn't want to be in trouble).

As for my other questions, does anyone know?

Kahisys said:

Stevin

Feb 18, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
31-08-2016
File Transfer...
09-09-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront - PASSED
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
23/01/2017 Sent: 24/01/2017 via Xpress Post
Kahisys said:
I'm most likely not gonna risk it and use the new one (I wouldn't want to be in trouble).

As for my other questions, does anyone know?
You can get a joint bank account. Try TD or Royal Bank. Are you a beneficiary on your spouses work benefits? Provide proof of that. Yes you can be honest about living together even if your applying Outland, the only thing applying Outland effects is where you mail your app. You really do need an abundance of proof if you're not married. Have various family members write letters that speak of your genuine relationship.

Kahisys

Star Member
Nov 2, 2015
Thank you for your answer.
My partner is under National Bank of Canada, would they have that?

And no, neither of us have any benefits. My partner doesn't work actually, he's in college.