+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Common law sponsorship

Discussion in 'Family Class Sponsorship' started by Ivyrichmia, Mar 4, 2019.

  1. #1 Ivyrichmia, Mar 4, 2019 at 9:57 PM
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
    Hi guys, i am a caregiver for 2 years now and i have a baby and a live in partner in the philippines i just need help and advice because when i applied my working permit from the philippines i did not declare my common law because my employer said i need give supporting documents (same billing address, joint bank accounts) to prove that we are living together for atleast a year, since i cannot provide any of those documents my employer said that its better not to declare him, but now that i am going to apply for my pr i dont konw how will i get him as common law?? Please anyone i need help...... i want to be with my family please help me.... my employer said she dont know what to do and its not her problem anymore...
  2. The most important is to declare your family on your permanent residence application now. You can attach a letter of explanation regarding your common law situation that you didn’t declare your family during the time you applied work permit.
  3. Thank you so much for your advice i really appreciate it.... do i need to follow any format in making that letter?
  5. I am in the same boat! I did not declare my common law partner when I applied for a work permit nov 2018, and now I included him on my express entry PR application (march 2019). The issue is that I had no idea that we would be considered common law in Canada until I started doing my research for the PR application! :( Let's see what happens.

Share This Page